It took 6 months...

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
HappyMomma said:
Good lord, Ivy... I read that completely wrong. I am so sorry to hear that. :(
No worries. I figured it was a mistake.

We are starting to do okay. I think we are gonna wait 6 months or so to get pregnant again. It's gonna be a while before I am ready to face that again. I have never lost a baby before, so this is quite a shocker. Its the first time I actually TRIED to get pregnant too... My other two it was like, oh look! We are gonna be parents! Time to switch condom brands! But, different fathers. My second husband has been through chemo a few times, so we were worried he couldn't have kids at all. Well, now we know, so we just have to wait and time it right in a few months.

Meanwhile I have been trying not to run to the tattoo parlor and put a bolt through my lip. I tend to go in self-destructive streaks when items are tough. You should have seen me when I left my ex! I ended up with two tattoos in a month to keep from doing stupider things. Now I am thinking a haircut, and either a ring in my lip or a tat on my calf, but I can't decide on an image. Maybe a double-headed axe.... Have I mentioned I am a little hardcore? :goofy:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm so sorry... That has to hurt more than anything I can imagine. Don't feel so bad, maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Everything happens for a reason, right? :) Don't worry, I bet it will all work out for you eventually. Some people try several times before they ever get pregnant and it follows through! That just makes it all the more exciting and worthwhile when it finally DOES work out, you know? You might even get pregnant when you least expect it!

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
ivybendorf said:
Meanwhile I have been trying not to run to the tattoo parlor and put a bolt through my lip. I tend to go in self-destructive streaks when items are tough. You should have seen me when I left my ex! I ended up with two tattoos in a month to keep from doing stupider things. Now I am thinking a haircut, and either a ring in my lip or a tat on my calf, but I can't decide on an image. Maybe a double-headed axe.... Have I mentioned I am a little hardcore? :goofy:
Well I will say that is pretty positive for 'self destructive' behavior. I'm a fan of tatoos myself. I have three and a navel ring.

If a little self adornment makes you feel better and helps the grieving process, I so go for it. There is much worse behavior you could be fighting.

My thoughts are with you.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Its good that you are waiting a bit. But don't forget to practive baby making. It will help the stress

MrsE

May 26, 2008
Oh my God, I'm terribly sorry that I didn't read the entire thread and I am sorry for your loss.

*big hugs*