It's been a crazy summer...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Wow, I've been a world traveler this summer (or at least a U.S. traveler). This is the busiest summer that I've ever had, but it's been a blast...unfortunately an expensive blast...but way cool.

Started off the summer with a comedy show by Stephen Lynch. If you've never seen him, he's freaking hilarious...musical comedian. Then, a 3 day camping trip with close friends (anyone remember Phil from here?)

Then, the wife and I headed to Atlantic City for the Dave Matthews Band Caravan. Had an amazing 3 days there with incredible music...toured the area, gambled (and lost), walked the boardwalk, and spent time in Ocean City where I vacationed as a child.

After that, we went to Dayton, Ohio (about 3 1/2 hours southwest of me) and spent 4 days at a Christian conference and had just a great spiritual time. We do this conference every year, and every year it just gets better and better.

Next up...Vegas. We spent 5 days in beautiful Las Vegas and stayed at the Venetian....for free. :) I was out there for a technical conference that work sent me to...we spent far more time doing tourist stuff than actually at the conference. Gambled, hung by the pool, explored Vegas, took in Phantom Of The Opera.

Then off to Phoenix, which is where I'm currently sitting. Out here for my BIL's graduation from motorcycle mechanics school. I've been to Phoenix once before many many moons ago...forgot how beautiful it is out here.

Ending the summer in a couple weeks with a concert at the House of Blues for "G.Love and the Special Sauce" who we got to like through the DMB Caravan in AC.

Wow...it's been crazy. But probably the best summer of my life. :D

Last edited:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Glad you have had a great summer! That would honestly drive me crazy, I hate travelling LOL Did Delaney go on any of these trips with you guys? Or were they solo trips (meaning without her)?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
She went on the camping trip with us...other than that, she hasn't gone. She's not old enough to appreciate Atlantic City or Vegas. :)

However, since we've gone on a few trips without her this summer, we want to do something with her...I'm thinking we'll take her to Great Wolf Lodge or something for a weekend.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Dadu2004 said:
Wow, I've been a world traveler this summer (or at least a U.S. traveler). This is the busiest summer that I've ever had, but it's been a blast...unfortunately an expensive blast...but way cool.

Started off the summer with a comedy show by Stephen Lynch. If you've never seen him, he's freaking hilarious...musical comedian. Then, a 3 day camping trip with close friends (anyone remember Phil from here?)

Then, the wife and I headed to Atlantic City for the Dave Matthews Band Caravan. Had an amazing 3 days there with incredible music...toured the area, gambled (and lost), walked the boardwalk, and spent time in Ocean City where I vacationed as a child.

After that, we went to Dayton, Ohio (about 3 1/2 hours southwest of me) and spent 4 days at a Christian conference and had just a great spiritual time. We do this conference every year, and every year it just gets better and better.

Next up...Vegas. We spent 5 days in beautiful Las Vegas and stayed at the Venetian....for free. :) I was out there for a technical conference that work sent me to...we spent far more time doing tourist stuff than actually at the conference. Gambled, hung by the pool, explored Vegas, took in Phantom Of The Opera.

Then off to Phoenix, which is where I'm currently sitting. Out here for my BIL's graduation from motorcycle mechanics school. I've been to Phoenix once before many many moons ago...forgot how beautiful it is out here.

Ending the summer in a couple weeks with a concert at the House of Blues for "G.Love and the Special Sauce" who we got to like through the DMB Caravan in AC.

Wow...it's been crazy. But probably the best summer of my life. :D
OMG you lucky dog. lol Sounds like a great summer for you and your wife. Glad to hear someone having a good time.

Confused Mom

Oct 14, 2011
I know this has nothing to do with what you just wrote but I am new to this and am just trying to figure out how I can post a question! Call me an idiot but I just registered and cant seem to find how to post a question!

Any help on this would be great.
Thanks

Debbie822

Banned
Oct 14, 2011
It has been a crazy summer but I hope you all enjoyed the time with your kids and not having to take them to school in the morning. This summer I got a job with this amazing website called Pop Market. We sell complete packages of albums at highly discounted prices, so I use this website myself when I need an gift for family or friends! They have full collections of legendary artists from almost every genre: Aretha Franklin, Wayne Shorter, Leonard Cohen, and Frank Sinatra to name a few! I got the complete Wayne shorter collection which was 4 great original albums plus two bonus discs all for around $50. It's especially great for gift-giving, and like I said all of these packages are deeply discounted from retail value too. Perfect for saving money. Here's a link to check it out- hope you find something you like! http://complete.popmarket.com?utm_campaign=miles