It's been awhile...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I haven't been posting much, but I am still visiting you guys every day and reading some. The kids are big! Luca just turned 12 and Ilo is 2.5 now. Here are a couple of pictures.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hey how is it going!!! :) I have been wanting to post new pictures of my boys too, idk maybe later today or tomorrow I will remember haha. Can't believe how big yours are getting, they are both so handsome! Ilo has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!! What a beautiful boy!!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I know, they are so big now! Ilo is a ham and a half. Very social, silly, and no fear. He likes to do just about everything. He's fully potty trained now and we are hoping to get him into a preschool situation in the fall. He's young, but it's not a structured school, more like a daycare, and we have had a hell of a time with that. With as much as I have to work we really need to have something solid as far as daycare goes. We lost daycare in the middle of our high season and I had to start working nights and doubles on the weekends so that I could also be full time stay at home mom. It had it's benefits, but it also is very very hard for me to do everything :) I mostly want to get him back around other kids.

Luca is growing up. We are getting into puberty now... yikes! He's maturing and it is showing. His dad is moving away, off island. This I am happy about. What I am not happy about is Luca is going with him. This has been my biggest struggle for the last year. Most of the reason why I haven't posted anything here. Luca is old enough now that I have to make him let his own decision on this. And I have had a very hard time keeping my mouth shut about his dad. But I did, and I will not say anything bad about his dad. Not now, not ever, not to Luca. I can't even process all of this, so I am not going to say any more about this other than I hope that this is what is good for Luca. (it is killing me)

xero, I would love to see some pictures! The reason why I even posted is because of your avatar. I like seeing pictures of the grown ups who post here :) the kids too of course! But it seems like we don't see a lot of pictures of the the parents.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Julie you're a better mom then me. I wouldn't let my kids leave at all. I hope it all works out though for him and his dad.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh my gosh, that would be so hard! What you are going through with Luca. My heart goes out to you. :( Major props to you for letting him decide what will make him happy, and for never making his dad out to be a bad guy. I can only hope I would be so strong if put in your shoes!

And I agree! I want to see the grown ups too haha it's fun to put a face to a name. :) Is that you with Ilo? You look so young to have a kid Luca's age! It looks like Ilo has your eyes (well not the color, but everything else about them if that makes sense haha).

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Yup, that's me :) I will be 40 this year... so definitely not too young for Luca! But sometimes too old for having Ilo!!!

Maybe we should start a new thread here with poster pictures. Since I am usually the one manning the camera, I only have a couple of me. I took this one of myself and Ilo. And thank goodness for that 'soft skin' setting on my camera! Takes years off :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow, 40 I don't believe you!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope you're lying. lol

And yeah, that would be fun to start a thread, I wonder how many would participate. :)