Jacket ideas?...

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
I am getting my 7yr old Daughter a new coat soon because she has trouble when zipping up the current one, sometimes she can't connect it and other times, she can connect it but it sticks when she is zipping it.

She usually goes for Regatta coats but is wanting a different brand so, do you recommend any brand :)?

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I don't know about specific brands, but some coats have big plastic zippers with large teeth and big zipper pulls. Others have the tiny metal zippers with small teeth and sometimes very petite zipper pulls. The larger plastic ones are much easier for children to master. Pay attention to zipper size when you shop.

Another thing to consider is a Velcro flap that goes over the zipper. If your daughter is at school and struggling with her zipper, at least she will have the Velcro flap to keep her coat shut, even if it isn't properly zipped. If she has the dexterity for snaps, and you can find a coat with secondary snaps instead of Velcro, that would be even better.

I've found that mastering zippers was just a matter of practice for my kids.

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
She got another Regatta as she loves that brand but instead of the usual pink, she chose a Red one.

She has now said that she will zip it if me or her dad ask because with this one, she can zip it and also likes feel of it when its zipped, she says it is comfy and warm :) :).