just joined :)...

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
Hi everyone! :D I found the forum last night, and after a couple hours of lurking, decided to register.

About me:
I have a 7 month old boy (well...in 4 days) named Gavin...he is our first child, and absolutely the cutest baby boy in the world :p My husband and I have been married almost a year, and we are loving our new role as parents.

I help run a non-profit org. called The American Foundation for Childhood Obesity, and work from home so I can be with my little man full-time.

There aren't a lot of SAHM's in my neighborhood, so I'm on my own a lot while my husband works ridiculous hours which is part of the reason I joined this forum...it'll be nice to have other parents to talk to (my single friends just don't always "get it")

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Hi and welcome. Gavin is one day younger than my youngest daughter Natalia. What a nice Father's Day present.

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
jenilouise said:
Hi and welcome. Gavin is one day younger than my youngest daughter Natalia. What a nice Father's Day present.
Thanks! haha...I was so excited in the hospital that I kept telling my husband "Happy Fathers Day! I don't have to buy you anything now! What good timing, etc etc etc" and TOTALLY forgot to tell my own dad "Happy Fathers Day" until like a week later. Luckily, he was understanding :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
hawtmama said:
There aren't a lot of SAHM's in my neighborhood, so I'm on my own a lot while my husband works ridiculous hours which is part of the reason I joined this forum...it'll be nice to have other parents to talk to (my single friends just don't always "get it")
I know the feeling!

Welcome aboard!

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
hawtmama said:
Thanks! haha...I was so excited in the hospital that I kept telling my husband "Happy Fathers Day! I don't have to buy you anything now! What good timing, etc etc etc" and TOTALLY forgot to tell my own dad "Happy Fathers Day" until like a week later. Luckily, he was understanding :)
Well I would hope so LOL! I called from the hospital to wish Happy Fathers Day to my dad but he was also caring for my older children so I called 27 times anyways.