Kids Toothpaste?...

LilNiko

Jan 23, 2009
california
What toothpaste do you use for your little one. I know kids can get picky. Anyone heard about ProNamel for Children? It's from the makers of Sensodyne Toothpaste.

LilNiko

Jan 23, 2009
california
I think I may have seen the Tom's for children before in the store. Here's what the Sensodyne ProNamel for Children looks like

It protects their teeth from acid erosion caused by acidic foods like fruit juice and ketchup.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yeah, I'm not big on all the chemicals and additives in most toothpastes. We just make sure to brush well and often, also to keep acidic foods to a minim. Although if it appeared my kids had sensitive teeth I would check that one out for sure.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I use the Gerber Grins and Giggles toddler tooth paste for Eli. I didn't know there was a more natural choice! :D I might look into that Tom's stuff, thanks Fallon.

I also... didn't know there was such thing as prescription tooth paste. lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
we really like the Tom's, it leaves your mouth feeling just as clean and fresh as the other stuff without all the additives

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Xero said:
I use the Gerber Grins and Giggles toddler tooth paste for Eli. I didn't know there was a more natural choice! :D I might look into that Tom's stuff, thanks Fallon.

I also... didn't know there was such thing as prescription tooth paste. lol
Here you get interdental, mouthwash and toothbrush prescriptions as well, as I previously stated that under 18's get free prescriptions, its the best way, pregnant women do as well actually.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I got free prescriptions until I was 21. Eli is getting free prescriptions. My doctor would not prescribe us toothpaste, or a toothbrush. I go to Wal-Mart and spend ten bucks on that stuff myself, because I'm not totally helpless. I also have never known anyone else that has had those things prescibed to them reguardless of having free health care or presciptions. I understand that we live in different countries though and things can work very differently, and that's actually the most probable cause of confusion here.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh Fallon, I looked into that toothpaste and it is good stuff! I think I'm going to switch to Tom's. :) I'm glad somebody asked this question, I love all natural stuff. I didn't even realize there was such thing as natural toothpaste. Good to know! I'm ordering some Tom's! :D

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
they have it at our target here too. You should look for it next time your're shopping. I switched because brushing my teeth always made me really sick to stomach. I hated it and when I got pregnant it was even worse. I decided to give this a try and no more gagging. I really like it and when I saw the kids version I switched Logan as well. Debarlyn was already using mine. She doesn't like crazy flavored toothpaste

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh I love Target! I'm going to look for it there. :) It would be nice to get it from the store.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
we use crest or aim. kinda cheap and don't really stick to kid designed things such as this due to our budget. it didn't hurt us when we were young so its not likely to hurt our kiddos either.

:eek::eek::eek:you can get prescription toothpaste and mouthwash????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

help me with this one please. i can't quite grasp why a prescription toothpaste or mouthwash would be needed.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think they just perscribe it there as an assurance to their dental hygeine as part of their free health care system, that's all. Its not like special medicated toothpaste or anything LOL. I think its just something to make sure everybody that needs it gets it.

But guys, this thread is a couple of months old. Please try to reply to threads with a last post date no older than thirty days to keep the new topics up at the top. :) You are more than welcome to create a new thread similar to an older one that you feel would be interesting to talk about.

16th ave, I know you know this already and I think you only replied because the other person did lol.

SimpleMe, we are glad to have you, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our forum rules and guidelines. :)

www.parentingforums.org/introductions/announcements.html[/URL]

Thank you!!