Kidzbop 13...

2gr8kds

Jan 24, 2008
<FONT font="Tahoma">A few months ago, a song came out that ran right up the pop billboard charts, it's called Beautiful Girls, by Sean Kingston. It's a very catchy little tune and the following are only some of the lyrics:

'You're way too beautiful girl
That's why it'll never work
You'll have me suicidal, suicidal
When you say it's over
Damn all these beautiful girls
They only wanna do you dirty
They'll have you suicidal, suicidal
When they say it's over'

This weekend I was watching tv, and was sickened to see, that 'Beautiful Girls' has been included on the newest 'Kidzbop' CD. If any of you have young children, you know that these are CD's that come out regularly with pop songs that are remade by children. These are aimed directly at our young people and are supposedly "kid friendly".

Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for young people ages 15 to 24, and ages 15 to 19
info@kidzbop.com[/FONT][/EMAIL]</EMAIL>[/FONT][/COLOR]<FONT font="Tahoma"> and express your displeasure at such a poor choice on their part to include this song. The album is scheduled for release in February, and I believe that if we send a strong enough message that this is unacceptable, we CAN make a difference.

I am including a short example email at the bottom that you can feel free to cut and paste to make this as quick and painless as possible for you to add your support. But please take a moment to forward this to everyone you know, so we can start getting their attention.

Thank you for time and your support!!

Rae Staton

To Whom It May Concern at Kidzbop.com:

I would like to voice my concern and objection to your including the song 'Beautiful Girls' on your newest Kidzbop CD. This song makes light of the subject of suicide, and is not appropriate material for a CD aimed directly at young people. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for young people age 15 to 19 and ages 15 to 24, and the 3rd leading cause of death for Caucasian children ages 10 to 14, and the 5th leading cause of death for African-American children ages 10 to 14. hese are not lyrics we need children, tweens and teens walking around singing. I urge you to rethink this choice before the release of the CD, and remove it from the list of songs.

Sincerely,