Kind of bummed...

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
The pink line i mentioned in my previous post was not due to a positive test. My husband was mistaken. But since my period was only a few days late i took another test.

It was also negetive. But my period is now 6 to 7 days late.

I cant accurately judge if i have pregnancy symptoms because a lot of them i experiance to some degree most of the time (Especially when my period is due). There have been months i have SWORN i was pregnant only to get my period right on time.

My period has been late in the past but it is a very rare occurance. Usually (espcially since i went on birth control and then stopped birth control) i have a perfect 28 day cycle.

Because of a medical conditon i know my husband is most likely unable to get me pregnant. Usually i am fine with this. But i cant HELP but get hopeful when my period is late.

I wish it would just come so i can get rid of any inkling of hope still remaining and go back to dealing with knowing i may never have children.

jeninmt

Feb 16, 2010
NW Montana
I underwent IVF as a surrogate and they told me that sometimes even in natural pregnancies there can be late implantation. It just takes a little longer for the pregnancy to officially begin and the hormones to start pumping through your system. Unless you want to go to the doctor and have a blood test done, I would wait another week or two and not drink/smoke/bungee jump just to make sure you aren't pregnant. If your period still hasn't shown up, I would then hightail it in to the doctor because it could be another serious issue.
:)

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
if its meant to happen it will happen. in the mean time if you really want children you could always look into fostering some or adoption.
my tubes have been tied but every now and then i still get the really strong urge to have more kids even though the two i got drive me a little batty at times.

good luck to you and yours. :)

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I was going to mention adoption. I mean if there is no other way and you really want a child, there are PLENTY of children that need a home.

We adopted our son Jon about a year ago and he has been sunshine on two legs ever since.

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
Right now i wouldnt adopt though it is always an option for the future. We havent been trying very long to have a baby but what started us off trying was the fact that we believe his medical conditon has caused him to be infertile. Generally they say give it a year before trying other methods to concieve or considering adoption.

But for my own piece of mind i have pretty much warned myself that it may never happen the way we would like, and that is okay. We will work it out when the time comes. But since i am at premium baby making age (mid 20s) i guess my body just likes playing tricks on me.

It is really important to me to show him that i love him regaurdless of whether or not we can get pregnant because i don't want him to ever worry i would leave him over such a thing. And also because he wants kids even more than I do.

I have been beating my brain out trying to figure out if i have miscalculated the date of my last cycle, but well...i havent. My sister had her baby girl two days before. Its kind of a hard thing to forget. lol.

The months everything goes normally i can just breeze on through without thinking too much about the fact that is has been another month without conception but when i am late and can't figure out why i get pretty bummed.

I don't feel pregnant. In fact i think i feel better the past few weeks than usual. But my period is rarely late...and even more rarely late more than a day or two. It has been a week. Still nothing.

I guess i will figure it out in a few more days or so.

Thank you all for your responces. :)

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
VelvetRainDrops said:
But for my own piece of mind i have pretty much warned myself that it may never happen the way we would like, and that is okay......
It is really important to me to show him that i love him regaurdless of whether or not we can get pregnant because i don't want him to ever worry i would leave him over such a thing. And also because he wants kids even more than I do.
its good that you are prepared or trying to be prepared for not having kids and want your husband to never worry that you'll leave him if ya'll never have kiddos. you are on the right track some how already. be proud of yourself.
if it aint too much-->what ever the medical condition is if there's viable sperm then you do have an option of some sort and could still deliver your and his child (ren) in the future.

if worse comes to worse with the home tests and or your cycle just stays off for whatever reason and ya can't get to a regular doc. make a trip to the e.r. and just do your best to pay that bill out. they can and will do a pg test for you.

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
I do know there are some options to correct this problem but they are not always affective. His problem is not in the ability to create sperm but in the path it travels. I dont want to go into too much detail about it here but if you are interested just pm me and i will explain it a little better. :)

For now we are just going to be a normal couple and wait and see how nature treats us. After a year we will discuss our options. We are both young (both mid 20s) so there is plenty of time ahead for us to figure it out.

In a way i am glad he realized something was not quite right and told me about it early on so that a few years down the road we werent shocked to find that we were not going to be parents in the usual way. It gives us more time to adjust our thinking and to research and think of all of our options.

As for whats happening now...i am hopeful (though i dont want to be. the last test i took that came up negitive i couldnt help but tear up a little...and i hate to do that in front of him. I just dont want him blaming himself.) But if i dont get it by the 1st which will make it over 2 weeks late i will go to the doctor.

i just hope we dont have to wait that long.

Thank you very much for your kind words and advice.