Learning Disabilities e.g. Dyslexia...

Flowers

PF Regular
Mar 21, 2013
Hi there,

I would like to know if there is anyone in this forum who is a parent to a dyslexic child and how you dealt with it when it was first discovered.

Flowers

PF Regular
Mar 21, 2013
Have you read the book The Dyslexia Doctor (Kindle Edition)? Discover what this mom (the author) did. It is a lesson to all parents.... Get involved in your child's learning and don't just take the easy path. So many kids today would have a much greater chance if parents would do what this mom did. If your child has dyslexia or a reading problem this book is a must read. Do not just let someone throw medication at the problem. Work on fixing the problem.

Flowers

PF Regular
Mar 21, 2013
teenage_parent said:
tomorrow is a big day... i'll take my kid to a doctor for a check and see if she's dyslexic
I can imagine how restless you are right now, but be rest assured all will be fine.

Meanwhile you can check out a free download of the book 'The Dyslexia Doctor' on 8th and 9th May. At this day and age where all symptoms are being treated with some form of medication or drug, this book discusses how the author's son was cured of his dyslexia, using a program done for 10 minutes a day. As someone who prefers any natural type of healing and prevention rather than medication, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who knows somebody who has any form of learning difficulties. The author's son got cured in 12 months, if you're undergoing treatment for this type of disorder, how long have you been doing the treatment? This is definitely worth downloading.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I recall a post that said something like this: "I wasn't aware there was medication for dyslexia." And a few others. Teenage_parent's comment seems kind of out-of-the-blue. Are there really only 6 (now 7) posts in this thread?