Looking for color video baby monitor...

ezmom

Apr 7, 2009
I am looking for a color video baby monitor that is portable and very easy. I found this *link removed be mod* from Lorex for $219 . Are there any cheaper ones?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
did you know with a video monitor anyone who wants can go to radio shack and pick up a device that can allow them to see into your babies room from outside your house. I don't know about you but I'd rather just get up and check on the baby myself

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Yeah, I really don't get how a video monitor gets you much more than just an audio...if something sounds odd on the audio, I'd probably want to got check even if I had video.

JUst Google Video Baby Monitor....I found load of them for $179-229...not a lot cheaper but a little bit. Personally I'd rather spend money to get the best audio quality and a poor quality cheaper monitor, nothing drive me crazier than a noisy baby monitor

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad - me too lol those loud baby monitors just make me CRAZY!! haha

Fallon - Wow I didn't know that! That's a little scary! I have only ever had audio monitors for Eli (really nice ones too actually) but we have honestly contemplated getting a video one just because the idea makes me feel comfortable. I like to think that even if he wasn't making noise, that I could see what he was up to. Especially when he gets older into the 2's and stuff where they get out of bed lol. I don't know. Either way, I never thought about the fact that other people could buy it to see right in to my house! Ew! D:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I wanted one when Logan was born so we looked into farther and found that out. I was shocked and decided to just get a nice audio montior instead

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
oh and they don't even have to buy the same monitor, they can see it on this little TV screen thing you can buy that picks up the signal as they drive by your house. I think the things is even pretty cheap and sickos can just drive down the road with it on and see into anyones house that has a video monitoring system