Losing My Mind...

LePeaden

Aug 30, 2016
My husband has a 6 year old little boy that he has had custody of since he was 2 months old. The issue is, I get so frustrated when his son is around, he has no respect, no training no rules and I try to speak to my husband about it but he just brushes it off unless I bring things to his attention. The more he does not discipline his son, the more I can not stand his son being around. A kid that age needs rules, a bed time and chores, but he doesnt, I am just about at the end of my rope and not sure what else to do. Each time i mention these issues, my husband just gets angry with me. Any suggestions?

Evo Love

PF Regular
May 15, 2016
<t>a 6 year old boy is not a domestic pet – set the example of respect <> if son and husband are not in tune with you then you might want to consider whether you are in the right relationship</t>

Last edited:

Vdad

PF Enthusiast
May 28, 2016
I'm wondering why you need your husband to talk with your step son, why you're not doing that directly?

If you basically make yourself into the hired help, you'll be treated that way. Your task is to do something with all that frustration so when you do interact with him it's not antagonistic.

Parent him.