Low Rise Jeans Solutions...

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
No mom jeans here LOL! I typically wear boot cut or flares but I stay away from the low rise because I have always had a booty. I mean I weighed 98 lbs in high school and I had a booty. I am about 115 lbs now. I shop on sale and at Ross because I have four kids to feed LOL.That was a great video though.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Trina said:
Just did a search for True Religion jeans. Holy Crap! The ones I like are $306! :shocked: NO WAY! Even when I was working, that would have been much too much! Yikes!

I feel that everyone should treat themselves to something nice every now and then. Not all denim is the same. And it's hard for me to find jeans that fit, so I'm willing to spend more. One of the great things about the Gap and other places, like American Eagle is that they have great denim that doesn't cost a lot. I say that in relative terms, but I'd much rather had one REALLY good pair and some crappy ones opposed to a bunch of crappy jeans.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
PennQuaker09 said:
I feel that everyone should treat themselves to something nice every now and then. Not all denim is the same. And it's hard for me to find jeans that fit, so I'm willing to spend more. One of the great things about the Gap and other places, like American Eagle is that they have great denim that doesn't cost a lot. I say that in relative terms, but I'd much rather had one REALLY good pair and some crappy ones opposed to a bunch of crappy jeans.
It's also not a bad idea to pay a little more for quality. I have clothes that I spent a little more on but that have lasted years and still look good.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
PennQuaker09 said:

I'm willing to bet your priorities will change once your babies arrive. ;)

Sure, I totally understand the "you get what you pay for" thing, but $300 for a pair of jeans is ridiculous to me. I'll gladly pay $300 for a good quality, safe car seat for my kids, but I will not spend that kind of money on <I>one</I> article of clothing for me. I'm willing to treat myself and buy a pair of $50-60 pair of jeans now and then, but am more apt to try find those same jeans on sale. LOL!

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Trina said:
I'm willing to bet your priorities will change once your babies arrive. ;)

Sure, I totally understand the "you get what you pay for" thing, but $300 for a pair of jeans is ridiculous to me. I'll gladly pay $300 for a good quality, safe car seat for my kids, but I will not spend that kind of money on <I>one</I> article of clothing for me. I'm willing to treat myself and buy a pair of $50-60 pair of jeans now and then, but am more apt to try find those same jeans on sale. LOL!

I don't disagree with you. And this is not an excuse, my my dad is like my enabler! He's always asks me if I need (definitely don't <U><I>need</I></U>) or want anything.

Whenever I go shopping, which is quite rare these days, I go to Nordstrom or Banana Republic. And to be honest, I'm more of a looker than an actual buyer. I too think $300 is excessive. So, I'll just let my dad pay for them. (I'm kidding!)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
300? That is utterly rediculous! People that spend that kind of money need to start donating their money to people who really need it!! Just my opinion. I also agree that sometimes its nice to spend a little on yourself. But as Trina said. 300 on a carseat is a much better idea!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
We hardly ever have weather to wear jeans. I think my kids own two pairs of jeans each. We live in shorts but it is hard to find kids shorts that are not hoochie shorts (daisy dukes).

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I spent $300 on my hair. lol
I could see spending that on a pair of jeans if they were really well made. I personally don't "label" shop..well....I love Ralph Lauren but that's really the only label I pay top dollar for and that's even seriously rare. (mostly for the kids)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
see I couldn't do it. Jeans go in and out of style. Of course the general is fine. But it's not like they last forever. I wouldn't have thought that skinny jeans would be back in style, of course they used to be called tapered!

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
musicmom said:
I spent $300 on my hair. lol
I could see spending that on a pair of jeans if they were really well made. I personally don't "label" shop..well....I love Ralph Lauren but that's really the only label I pay top dollar for and that's even seriously rare. (mostly for the kids)
I splurge on my hair too.

Don't tell my husband.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh lord, I wouldn't dream of telling! That's why I change the password on my bank account and tell him "I don't know what happend to the site, I thought you did something" then I change it next month and he can't figure out how to get the month before..hahaha The account is in my name.
:) We must stay beautiful