Making my introduction...

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Hey, everyone! I'm new here, so I thought I'd give myself a little introduction. :)

My name is Tammy. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I had my first baby when I was seventeen, and now he's seventeen years old, and I dare say a lot smarter than I was at that age! I have a beautiful thirteen year old daughter with my now-husband as well.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Welcome TammyZed! I'm orginally from Wingham, Ontario. Ever heard of it?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Oh, I haven't lived in Ontario for years. My family moved to the States when I was 4. I still have a lot of relatives up there, mostly in Kitchener and Waterloo, but also in Kincardine, St. Marys and Stratford. My Dad was born in Mitchell, and my Mom is from Hespeler.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Your mother's from Hespeler? No kidding! It's storming a ridiculous amount of snow right here now, so it's better that you live elsewhere. :p

Thanks for the welcome.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
TammyZed said:
Your mother's from Hespeler? No kidding! It's storming a ridiculous amount of snow right here now, so it's better that you live elsewhere. :p

Thanks for the welcome.
Ick, snow! We're getting tons of rain at the moment.

You know, my Mom used to tell us all about her hard life on the farm in Hespeler. No electricity, being born on the kitchen table, doing homework by oil lamp, etc.. I'm sure she's telling the truth, but it was hard to imagine when she took us back there to see the old place. Apparently Hespeler has grown and prospered quite a bit since her days. LOL! (My Mom is 71.)

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
Trina said:
Ick, snow! We're getting tons of rain at the moment.

You know, my Mom used to tell us all about her hard life on the farm in Hespeler. No electricity, being born on the kitchen table, doing homework by oil lamp, etc.. I'm sure she's telling the truth, but it was hard to imagine when she took us back there to see the old place. Apparently Hespeler has grown and prospered quite a bit since her days. LOL! (My Mom is 71.)
LOL!

Hespeler has definitely changed quite a bit! Plenty of those farms have given way to suburban sprawl. There's a new subdivision going up nearby, and that's eating up pretty much the last bit of rural area we have left. :(

It's nice to be in a growing community, though. Lots of new parents coming through, and the growth means that the parks and schools in this area will be better looked after, so I won't complain (too much).

Fallon: thanks for the welcome! Likewise. :)