Mallet meets eye.......

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Last week, Kailyn decided to hit Cole with a mallet...thankfully it wasn't a steel hammer! She was playing and no ill intent was meant but boy did it leave Cole with a nice shiner. I figured I would share the progression of colors with you guys.

Day 1 within 20 minutes of it happening..

then the following days...

And today....some nice greens in there.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, ouch.

Reminds me of the story my grandmother told about my dad and his brother when they were little. It was a rainy day and she gave them paring knives and cardboard (I know, I know, different times) to keep them occupied. My uncle, kept poking his knife into Dad's cardboard, and he kept telling hi to stop, which, of course only escalated the arms race. Well,finally my dad had had enough and "poked" (okay, maybe stabbed, would be a better word) his brother, between the eyes...and inch either way would have been catastrophic.

That story also makes me feel pretty silly about some of the perceived "dangers" we've manufactured today...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I've been seeing these pics on facebook! Ouch! And yuck! Poor Cole! Kailyn, what a stinker lol. On a side note, he has such pretty eyes. :)