Mama's girl...

benj

Apr 8, 2008
My daughter is 19 months old and has always been very attached to Mom. I am always around and spend lots of time with her, play with her, put her to bed quite frequently. We spend lots of time together but if Mom is present she wants almost nothing to do with me. I am always pleasant and smiling around her and when it is just the two of us she enjoys my company, but sometimes I can't shake this feeling that she is developing a deep resentment of me and I can't figure out why. She has never had a period where she preferred me, no matter how much time I spend with her.

For parents who have raised children already, is this just the "mommy stage?" Does it seem normal, or healthy? And most importantly, is this something she is likely to outgrow?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well my dd is only 27 months old, but I can tell you it is normal for babies to want mom. My dd is still a mommys girl 98% of the time. Just recently, like like month or so, that she is starting to ask for daddy instead of me. Of course its usually when I tell her no more chocolate milk or its time for bed, that she all of a sudden wants daddy

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
My son is almost 18 months and he's definitely a momma's boy. I love it. :)