milestones...

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Okay, I'm asking because I'm not really sure, but what are the milestones for abc's and counting? DD (Cara) pretty much already knows her letters and can count to 10 or so. It's hard for us to guage this because DS (Elliott) is speech delayed because of his hearing issues, although he is catching up fast. What amazes me about Cara is that she can count a random scattered group of objects and not miss one or double count one. I dont know if it is the reason or not but I do have them watch the "Meet the ...." series of videos now and then during the week. They are annoying for adults but I think perfect for toddlers.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
well i work in Childcare and we are taught not to "expect" things at certain ages. but as of right now i am (reluctantly) working in the toddler room (2-3 y/o) and all of them can sing there ABC's with some level of confidence and can count up between 5-10 usually with a few mistakes in there but not bad overall.. from what you have said i think that your daughter is well within the normative range of development