Milk: Pasteurized vs. Raw. A very interesting article!...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I've read about raw vs. pasteurized milk before, but this article summarizes it all very nicely.[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Don't Be Misled By Dairy Ads - Articles

Before There Was Pasteurization, Milk was Medicine![/quote][/COLOR]
You don’t hear about this anymore, but in the early 1900’s milk was actually used as medicine. Dr. J.R. Crewe’s “Milk Cure” was used at the Mayo clinic to successfully treat:
<LIST>

• <LI>
  • cancer</LI>
    <LI>
  • weight loss</LI>
    <LI>
  • kidney disease</LI>
    <LI>
  • allergies</LI>
    <LI>
  • skin problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • urinary tract and prostate problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • chronic fatigue, and a whole host of other chronic conditions</LI>
</LIST>Naturally, the only milk available at the time was raw whole milk, rich in butterfat, from pasture fed cows.
Dr. Crewe, MD -- one of the founders of the Mayo Foundation -- published an article[/URL] in <I>Certified Milk Magazine</I> (January 1929), describing the milk treatment as a combination of “detoxifying fast and nutrient dense feeding,” and how diseases that have no similarity improved rapidly on raw milk.
Dr. Crewe used the milk cure for 15 years, and his patients were wild about it because it worked, and required no additional drugs or other medical interventions. Unfortunately his fellow medical practitioners were not as enthusiastic. Many physicians agreed on the fitness of dairy products as food, but were not interested in using it as a sole means of treatment.
Said Crewe in his article, “<I>The chief fault of the treatment is that it is too simple…</I><I> and it does not appeal to the modern medical man</I>.”
This despite the fact that striking results were seen in tuberculosis, diseases of the nervous system, cardiovascular and renal conditions. Anemia and pernicious anemia responded well to it, as well as toxic thyroid and chronic cough.
“<I>Hypertension responds with equal gratification. The blood pressure improves rapidly</I>,” wrote Crew. “<I>I have never seen such rapid and lasting results by any other method</I>.”

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I have a friend that drinks raw milk and loves it... to much work fo rme lol. Now if I could buy it at a store, I would consider it. Until then I will just drink organic

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
When I was a kiddo and lived with my dad on a cattle and swine farm we had fresh milk everyday. It was really the best stuff in the world! A little foam from the cream on top.. yummmm. We literally drank two gallons a day between myself, dad and his wife.