Movies for kids...

jack123

PF Enthusiast
May 9, 2012
Well i am planning on making a DVD library for my kids and their friends. Just want to know which movies to add in. Please help me with this. Which are the must watch movies and shows for children.

masud27

Feb 13, 2013
Bangladesh
<r>Hi Jack,<br/>
There are so many good movies for kids. So don't worry. Personally I'd like to inform you the total movie will create an impact to your kids. So choose the movies carefully. I recommend you some of them like ‘The Railway Children (1970)’, Emil and the Detectives (1931), ‘Dipu Number 2’ (1996) and so on. But have you ever read the <URL url="</s>story of a shining boy<e></e></URL>?</r>

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
Depends on what is the age group, what are their tastes, and what is your personal opinion on children watching things like violence or emotionally disturbing content. Personal favorites for me from popular films are:
- anything by Pixar
- anything by Tim Burton
- anything by Hayao Miyazaki
- Lord of the Rings
- Xmen
- ET
- Lassie

Also there are quite a lot of tv and old films about children and animals, just you have to find them as you go. I recommend
- The journey of Natty Gann
- Flash
- Iron Will
- Andre

Another title I would recommend for older children to see is "The Devil's Backbone" (El Espinazo del Diablo) -- people may dislike because its quite violent -- but it addresses issues sensitive for children, like bullying.

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
I might be careful with some of the Miyazaki and Burton films, depending on how old the children are... A few of them are probably far too dark and complicated for younger children. (Actually, there's 2 Tim Burton films my kids aren't to watch until at least 16 lol)

My kids' favorites:

My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Tangled
The Lion King
Jonah: A Veggietales Movie
Annie
Spirit
Nightmare Before Christmas
The King and I

Actually, they seem to love any musical or Disney animated feature. Haha.

youngsteve

Dec 3, 2013
Havana
You should go for movies that should not be harmful for our kids behavior. I would like to suggest the following movies.
1. Kung Fu Panda
2. Ice Age
3. Alice in Wonderland
4. Toy Story
These above collections are basically from animated world, therefore our kids love to watch the above.

ella

PF Regular
Feb 17, 2014
Ice Age, Ice Age 2, all three of the Toy Story Movies, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Cars are all favorites at this household.

Emily92

PF Regular
Mar 20, 2014
Talking about the best movies for kids, there are some you just can't miss. Here goes:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • <U>E.T. The Extraterrestrial</U>: This 1982 movie by Steven Spielberg is a must-watch. A sci-fi masterpiece which is funny, semi-spooky as well as incredibly moving, E.T. tells the story of a child of divorce who finally grows up and accepts that all meaningful love will eventually involve letting go.</LI>
    <LI>
  • <U>The Lion King</U>: Based loosely on the story of <I>Hamlet,</I> this 1994 movie is heavy with themes of familial responsibility and is famous for the melodious 'Hakuna Matata' song.</LI>
    <LI>
  • <U>Pinocchio</U>: Pretty old (1940), Pinocchio made every child fear the prospect of telling a nose-elongating fib and also encouraged them to focus their dreams on the sky and wish upon stars.</LI>
    <LI>
  • <U>Bambi</U>: Needs no introduction. All children know this story very well.</LI>
    <LI>
  • <U>Shrek</U>: An ogre tale that walks the fine line between catering to kids and slyly winking at their parents.</LI>
    <LI>
  • <U>The Jungle Book</U>: No matter one's age, there's pretty much no way to resist Baloo and his ridiculously catchy 'Bare Necessities'.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Penguins of Madagascar: A laugh riot, if ever there was one. The antics of Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico will have the kids rolling with laughter.</LI>
</LIST>

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I'm just going to do this by age groups, roughly, (however, selections are not limited to age groups.!

<U>Toddlers to Kindergartners</U>:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Barbie movies</LI>
    <LI>
  • Berenstein Bears movies (you can sometimes find videos of T.V. episodes in stores and a trusted pawn shop, usually a half an hour is just enough for their attention spans.)</LI>
</LIST>

<U>Grades 1 - 4</U>:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • The Sandlot</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Little Rascals</LI>
    <LI>
  • Charlottes Web</LI>
    <LI>
  • Milo and Otis</LI>
    <LI>
  • Once Upon A Forest (Beginning is sad, but my daughter loved this movie)</LI>
    <LI>
  • Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest</LI>
    <LI>
  • All Dogs Go To Heaven</LI>
    <LI>
  • Rock-A-Doodle</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Brave Little Toaster</LI>
    <LI>
  • Kiki's Delivery Service</LI>
    <LI>
  • Castle In The Sky</LI>
    <LI>
  • Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey</LI>
    <LI>
  • Night At The Museum</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Last Mimzi</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Navigator</LI>
    <LI>
  • E.T.</LI>
    <LI>
  • Anastasia</LI>
    <LI>
  • A Troll In Central Park</LI>
    <LI>
  • Thumbelina</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Iron Giant</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Silver Stallion</LI>
    <LI>
  • Black Beauty</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Black Stallion</LI>
    <LI>
  • Honey, I Shrunk The Kids</LI>
    <LI>
  • Beethoven</LI>
    <LI>
  • Home Alone</LI>
    <LI>
  • Richie Rich</LI>
    <LI>
  • Casper</LI>
    <LI>
  • Hook</LI>
    <LI>
  • Mrs. Doubtfire</LI>
    <LI>
  • Shirley Temple movies (get them to give it a chance at least. Mine likes Heidi)</LI>
</LIST>
<U>For older kids, grades 5-7</U>:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Ever After</LI>
    <LI>
  • A Cinderella Story</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Ice Princess</LI>
    <LI>
  • Aquamarine</LI>
    <LI>
  • Mirror Mirror (Although I got too disgusted in some scenes)</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Road To Tarabithia</LI>
    <LI>
  • Beetlejuice</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Prince of Egypt (has disturbing scenes, a story based off of Moses)</LI>
    <LI>
  • A Goofy Movie</LI>
    <LI>
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2</LI>
    <LI>
  • Girls Just Want To Have Fun</LI>
    <LI>
  • The Ba</LI>
    <LI>
  • bysitters Club ( I haven't seen this around for years)</LI>
    <LI>
  • Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken</LI>