music mom...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
hey my fellow mods!
I just wanted to let you both know that I gave Musicmom a warning. She was very rude to a poster and in turn drove him away. There was nothing specific about a particular post that should have been deleted, it was just overall tone.
If ya'll want to read it and do some editing or deleteing, pleae do so. My brain is still a tad numb from teh dogy accident.
it's the thread in the education section

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Yes, harassing new people is not good for the growth of the forum. I know I have got on Fooser for doing that several months ago.

We can have some tolerance between highly actively members because they know each other (ie fooser's flirting and antics), but when a new member signs up, we have to be careful that a few extremely vocal\opinionated members don't slam that person. Not every parent is going to have years of online (social) experience, and know how to deal with immediate harsh attacks from strangers. Newbies will, as Kaytee pointed out, simply leave. If this was a coffee shop, you wouldn't want a regular customer hanging out for hours each day harassing new customers as they walked in the door.

And as far as Musicmom is concerned, I think she's authentic (not trolling), but many of her posts have many similarities to how troll behave online; their posts contain absurd\extreme comments that constantly create arguments. While I don't believe she is trolling, many her posts have have the same effect. My experience online is that some people will do this because they are bored at home and will heckle people online simply because they having nothing better to do.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree Jtee. Inever thought she was a troll, yet others hae in the past. I don't always agree with her, but thats ok with me. I just felt she was very rude in all of her comments but wasn't sure how to handle them in the moment ya know

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
http://parentingforums.org/showthread.php?t=3373

musicmom said:
Let's see.........he stole your car and he got his video games taken away. He made this stupid choice because of this girl so he's no longer aloud to talk to her.......You think you are being hard??? If this is as hard as you are going to get then no I do not think you are being hard on him. He's lucky he's not my child. The "what if's" are enough for me to go balistic.
Here is just one of many examples that make me wonder about her mental\emotional state of mind, or if she is intentionally trying to stir things up. It's not really as bad as some of others she has posted, but she uses the word "STOLE" to reflect that a 17 year old used one of the parents car without getting permission. She is constantly rephrasing things in an unhelpful way, often spinning a thread into a different direction from, as Keytee would say, the "OP" :).

I might think she is trolling, but I have a neighbor is not mentally stable, and has simular behavior; all over the map mentally\emotionally, and tends to cause trouble where none exists. If a ball roles into her yard, we'll hear about it at the next home owners association meeting for at least 30 minutes demading to know what we are going to do about making sure a ball never roles into her yard ever again. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
thats exactly the types of posts she is always posting. It can be very rude and disrespectful but nothing particular, ya know? She's kinda crazy in a sense, She talks about how wonderful her husband is then we find out he lives states away and just pays her to raise the kids. Just nuts

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
musicmom said:
OMG Kaytee.......Do you have a clue what the heck you are talking about or what you type? You talk about stuff in their privates.........MY children bathe.

What is your highest point of education? Just curious?

And for the several time.........we chose to get him circ for health reasons................I had to type again because you are not comprehending. It's like talking to a wall. DUR DAH DUR.
Yeah Kaytee, have you lost all your marbles and gone off the deep deep deep end? Did you get past the 5th grade?...lol

Sorry, some of the things musicmom writes is just plain looney :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I know, I told her not to debate anymore that she takes things to personally. and to stick to the facts.

It's funny that I give her studies and she gives me "my girls and my girls bathe" I have no idea! lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
wow...I missed that post. I agree she has been pretty strange and over time it gets worse. I don't think she's a troll, maybe a emotionally unstable

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
ya I think so too. Well if you look at some of the facts. She's married but doesn't live with the guy. He was abusive. She's on mecation for depression and all that stuff, she won't let her children do things that most children get to do. Didn't she say her children will NEVER be able to spend the night away fro home at one point. She's a bit out there sometimes.

Its hard as a moderator though to edit things when they are directed towards you. Like I would have edited some of that post if it was to a member, but when its to me.. I don't want to do it, ya know? lol
I think Fallons little warnign was good though.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I thought about deleting it but the whole debate is so heated I didn't want to single her out. I've stayed out of that one for the most part because I think Lissa and musicmom are out of control with their comments there and I would for sure say something I shouldn't

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I know, its so hard for me to do that though! lol

Its ok though, Yulla can be out there too, so it even out. Its a very touchy deabte in many places and has been deleted off of many parenting forums for that reason

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I hate that debate...I don't agree with yulia's methods but I do agree with a lot of what she has to say

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree, I agree with what she says, but the way she says it as an attack and not as a debate. I keep telling her her info is good, but she has to use it right to be effective.

Also I like your last comment to muscimom, I wanted to type lmao, but thought it innapropriate

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I know. My fave was that her realtaive did the research and said it was better to have it done, but she is not sure if she will if she has another boy

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Another option is simple to lock the thread for few hours or days to allow things to cool done.