My 9 year old step son...

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Wow, a place to brag. I don't often do this, mostly b/c my sisters offspring is struggeling in school and socially. And bragging about my boy's accomplishments is a sore spot for her.

Well... Here goes. The boy gets straight A's and he is 9 and in the 4th grade. He and I get along great. Mom and I have just learned he is reading and understanding at a 10th grade level. He has been placed in advanced math and reading classes. Homework, he is a self starter. It is done before mom and I get home.

He handles dissappointment well and takes his punnishments well. He seldom argues and often can itterate why he was punnished. I am so proud of him. He has an annoying little 5 y/o sister, whom he loves and has a great deal of patients with.

He is not perfect and needs correction, like no elbows on the table and no passing gas on his mother. Also, not blaiming the dog when gas is passed.

I have been his male role model for over 2 years and we all have been living under the same roof for over 2 years. (sis and mom too). Mom and I will be married in March of 2013.

I can't say enough about this young man. While I did not make him, I am hoping to make him a better person.:cool:

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
ikon99 said:
He is not perfect and needs correction, like no elbows on the table and no passing gas on his mother. Also, not blaiming the dog when gas is passed. :biglaugh:

I can't say enough about this young man. While I did not make him, I am hoping to make him a better person.:cool:
Your last comment is sweet enough I almost cried a little. :p

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Mom2all, thanks. I love these kids and take full ownership of them. And I am proud t obe their step dad to be.