My daughter was molested...

linsa_cobella

Oct 29, 2015
I'm sorry for posting this in this forum as this concerns many parents. I don't really know where to turn. My daughter was sexually molested by a man named *edited at her alumni interview. She is very upset, won't eat, can't sleep, and isn't herself. I worry for her.

My daughter is a tall girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is a good student with a 3.97 gpa. She scored 171 on the LSAT.

She applied to Georgetown and was asked to do an alumni interview. They set her up with man named *edited (who molested her).

She said they met at a Dunkin Donuts and when the cashier goes to the bathroom, it was just him and her in an empty coffee shop.

He come up behind her, put his hands on her thighs, stroked her hair and said,“I’m glad we’re finally alone.” She said that he would take her out for drinks after this. She told him she had a boyfriend. He told her to dump him. She didn’t know what else to do, so she rushed out of the coffee shop, while she heard him yelling after her,“If you say anything about this, it’s over! You’ll be done! You'll never get into Georgetown Law.”

Two days later, she was rejected from Georgetown.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
This needs to be reported. I've never been to a University or College, but I'm sure there are people she can go to and tell them what happened. There may be an investigation and your daughters claims may be scrutinized but just be there for support and encouragement. I'm sure she is not the only one this creep victimized. If there is a way she can seek out others that went through the same thing I think that would be a good idea. Contact a lawyer.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
This has been posted on several different forums under different usernames. There's even a tumblr page dedicated to it and a recently started "Bob Guzzetta for wife beating" twitter account made up (don't google this unless you have a strong stomach). There are claims on some law school forums that this is not the first time this exact story, word for word, has made the rounds, the first time being a few years ago. What's the deal?

Last edited:

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
Just read this again. You're right, Cybele. The whole thing doesn't make sense and is too descriptive for a parent who wasn't there to recite.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
If it's true, the solution is simple - go to the cops and press charges, and then get your daughter into counselling.

If not - then this is a really, really low thing to do in many ways. False claims of molestation directly and significantly harm real victims of molestation. It causes general disbelief among both the public and law enforcement, which makes it harder for real victims to come forward, and for prosecutors to get guilty verdicts.

If this is some sick sort of lie/campaign against this man, I hope you go to bed knowing that you made life a little harder for thousands of young women, like the one described, as well as children of both sexes, who are already living in hell. :mad:

cg admin

Administrator
Oct 30, 2008
I've edited the lead post to remove the name.

If true, I am deeply sorry for the girl, but online forums might not be the best avenue to have this looked into.

If untrue, I hope Karma does its thing.

Apr 28, 2020
Hi Linsa,
I am very sorry to hear that.
Have you lodged a complaint against that person to your nearest police station?
If not do that and follow-up. If required reach to the higher authority. So that your girl gets justice. And guilty person should go behind the bar.

Last edited: