My daughter's first day of Kindergarten...

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
"WOW"

What can I say?

Now I know how other parents felt when they sent their kids to school for the first time, not including preschool.

As a father, I felt so proud AND sad at the same time. Watching her walk through the door into her school was surreal.

Now the waiting. Thoughts of how she's doing keeps running through my mind.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
the end of the day is coming soon. Be happy and be proud. Before you know it you'll wonder how time passed so fast and it seems like just yesterday that today was...(that didn't come out right, but I think you know what I mean...."

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
I can relate. My baby started Pre-K a few weeks ago. I was proud and devastated at the same time. I couldn't wait to pick her up to find out everything that went on. I was so disappointed in how little information I got.

I still can't wait to open her backpack every day to see what notes might be in there.

Let us know how it went.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I just took my first to go away to college and I cried like a baby. Kinder is easy for me, maybe because of all the practice but college was a whole new ball game.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
mom2many said:
I just took my first to go away to college and I cried like a baby. Kinder is easy for me, maybe because of all the practice but college was a whole new ball game.
Oh gosh. I can't imagine how you felt. I'm so stupid. Mine has only just started pre-k, but I panic at the thought of college. Time goes so quickly and I know I'll be sending her off before I know it. I don't know how I'll handle it.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I still remember how that felt NW not to many feelings compare. My son went on a bus, and I remember standing in the street behind the bus watching it get smaller and smaller thinking, it's the very first time my son has gone away without me, and than I thought quick! follow that bus and I did lol I followed it to the school and watched him get off. lol lol.... and I wasn't the only one.

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
Thanks all.

School went well. In fact, she wishes it was Monday already so she could go back.

Well, we took our daughter to school for the 1st day. But on Monday, she wants to ride the bus. So we agreed. Yikes!

Anyway, I'm starting to feel better about "this" Kindergarten "thing".

samantha-Miller

Sep 30, 2011
I guess its normal to be nervous,i remember my daughters first day.She was really excited and it went well.