My experience...

StephenAlcor

May 11, 2020
Hi everyone.
Much of what I have to offer comes from my own childhood and will not be happily accepted by most parents because I share the child's perspective on things whereas most adults only speak of the adult perspective.
The child's version of what happens in a family is vastly different from the adult's but it's way more honest and productive than the blind, selfish and defensive adult version.  The child rarely has the vocabulary and opportunity to say what they think and feel about anything so the child's version is rarely ever considered - least of all by a dominating, demanding, selfish and stubborn adult.  IMO, it's worth it to see what a child thinks and feels about any situation and can lead to solutions that are better than strict control, tyranny, repression, alienation, hostility etc. which many adults seem to favor over balanced and happy solutions in families.
My goal here is to offer some understanding and solutions that are better than what I grew up with and often see in families and children around me.  The good news is that, given enough therapy and luck, many children will survive a rotten childhood to become happy and productive adults who might produce happy, productive kids along the way so to each their own.