My kids not eat soup...

Palomita

Banned
Jan 1, 2014
Sofia, Bulgaria
First sorry for bad english!

My two little girls hate soup and cook them when they hide it or discarded. When I ask, why do they say they nauseous.

Love foods such as cereal or meat. What could be the reason for the hatred of soup?

Thanks for answering

Palomita

Banned
Jan 1, 2014
Sofia, Bulgaria
Yes but they have to eat liquid food, or so I've read in books. I offer 3 different soups but they do not like them.

Well tell me other useful food except soup or vegetables?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Haha "liquid food" or soup is not a required part of anyone's diet, children or otherwise. Plenty of water and other fluids are certainly important, but whether it is coming from a cup or a bowl of soup really makes no difference at all. As Cybele said, everyone has foods they don't like, it's nothing to be concerned about. They will like more things as they get older, too. Give it time. Not that it matters lol, but what kinds have you tried? Are they water based or broth based? Sometimes it can be difficult to make soup flavorful enough if they are water based. Or perhaps something creamier or cheesier would be tastier to them? There are so many options with soup.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Great, now I want soup.

Has anyone else ever made Nigella Lawson's slime soup for their kids? That one goes down really well with Sasha... but you know, slime is kind of his thing.

MamaRuthie

PF Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2013
melbourne
as long as they get their veggies other ways they don't need to eat soup do they like salad, roasted veggies, steamed veggies or raw veggies??

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
okay, so reading between the line, they need food, the need liguid (at least water right?) So soup seems like a good idea.

I'm not a huge soup fan, and here are some reason from my perspective, see if these translate to kids.

Thin, brothy soups are a pain to eat. They go cold quickly and if you try to eat them fast, your slurping, likely to make a mess and noise, neither of which endear you to adults.

If it's creamy soup it has to be hot hot hot, luke warm and I gag Hot hot hot foods are hard hard hard for kiddo to eat.

If you make soup with lots of veggies, well, I don't much like mushy veggies - love 'em fresh and crisp, but if you boil them for a couple of hours, I'd rather eat the bowl.

So, three reasons i'd be less inclined to eat 3 kinds of soups....

Palomita

Banned
Jan 1, 2014
Sofia, Bulgaria
I want to teach them to eat soup and liquid food for myself after years have a problem with the colon. My doctor said that troubles come just for the reason that as a little girl eating only dry food such as sausage, fillet, chips and so on.

Again sorry for bad english...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I'm sure if you had had plenty of fruits and vegitables and water, it wouldn't have contributed to problems. I really don't think soup is the answer to all the evils.

Here's an idea, if you want them to have soup, refuse to give it to them, tell them they're not old enough for soup, soup is only for older kids and adults. Maybe reverse psychology will kick in.

jaxscorps

Apr 1, 2014
I agree with IADad. I have never been a soup eater, (and I'm in my 40s now). Never could see the point in drinking my meal. To me, soup is like eating just sauce. Yes, they may have a great flavor, but I really don't want to eat a whole bowl of ketchup, cheese sauce, or any other sauce that I use to compliment solid foods. I have grown to like tomato basil, however the only way I can eat it is to dip a grilled cheese sandwich in it. If I run out of sandwich, no more soup for me.

If you are looking for a quick meal out of a can for them, have you tried spaghettios? They have some fun shapes for kids, and you don't have to eat it scalding hot, like a lot of soups.