My Mother's Day Card, if you'd like to see...

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
I think I spent $40 on nice things from Sephora and Cherry Culture for my mom's material needs. =] But I wrote my Mother's day card as a blog post on my parenting website, to surprise my her =] You can view it here.

Also, I'm currently doing a project on the website, and would like to propose a question to all you parents of teens: What do you want to know about our secret lives? I'm pretty sure that you've wondered what goes on at parties, or what happens at school, etc. You can reply to this thread with a question you'd like answered, and I'll go around my high school collecting answers for you all. =]

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful women!

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Nice card.

Question for your project:

Do you regularly talk to random strangers on the internet?

Have you snuck out of your house at night?

Are most of the kids actively having sex as early as 9th and 10th grade?

Have you done drugs? If so what kinds and how often?

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
Urm? Since I believe that a lot of parents want to know things about their teenagers that their teenagers would never answer to their face, I'm giving you all an opportunity to post your questions here so that other teenagers can unabashedly and honestly answer them.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Were those questions out of line? That's what you're looking for, right?
Those are the kind of things I would like to know how 'majority' of teens answered.

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
Cthru said:
Were those questions out of line? That's what you're looking for, right?
Those are the kind of things I would like to know how 'majority' of teens answered.
Haha, no way! They were absolutely perfect. I'm calling a few friends now for help. =] Check back to my blog later if you want to see the results...though I might post them here if the rules allow it.

obie

PF Regular
Nov 28, 2007
Questions I would want to know are:

Are there adults present when you go to your friends' houses?

Is alcohol easily accessible in the houses the teen goes to?

When a teen says they are going to a friends house, where aer they really going to? What will they be doing there?

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
Oh wow, thanks obie! These will be the next on my list to answer =] Thanks for providing questions; it really helps me gear up on what i should write and what parents of teenagers want to know about.

And just for quick reference:

1. 25% of the time
2. Almost always
3. Most likely their friend's house, but we might take a detour to the mall or theatre, running around and acting "stupid". =]