My new home...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I moved last weekend from Phoenix to little bitty Heber, AZ. I moved backward in time about 20years. I like it so far. Peaceful. Our first weekend while moving we got 18 inches of snow. WOW!. I've always been a city girl so this is well....weird. My sweet angel Havoc had his first Birthday. I just cant believe it.

Yep thats my darling husband on the ice ramp he made for our nephews.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I must have missed why you decided to move. What's the story? :) (or point me to some thread)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I'm laughing at the first messy pic! :)

I didn't know they got snow in AZ.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
congrats on the new home. I was wondering where you've been, I thought maybe you left us. Havoc is so freakin' cute...I hope he loved his birthday

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
jtee said:
I must have missed why you decided to move. What's the story? :) (or point me to some thread)
We needed to get futher away from Mexamerica. That sounds terrible but when even the Tollehouse break and bake cookies are in spanish somethings gotta give. Plus there were three registered sex offenders against children with in walking distance to our old house. When I say Mexamerica the family across the street would spend all day saturday and sunday in the front yard with coolers drinking beer and blareing their cultural music. One saturday one of the family members went for a drive and when he came back ran right thur his own neighbors 3ft brick fence. His next door neighbor. So he left his suv and ran. WHAT? Thats just craziness. People up here say good morning how are you and actually wait for a response. We just want our kids to be able to play and be kids. Now we just have to worry about the wild life. I can shoot an animal that <U>may</U> hurt my kids.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
fallon said:
congrats on the new home. I was wondering where you've been, I thought maybe you left us. Havoc is so freakin' cute...I hope he loved his birthday
Thanks. :D I didnt leave. Wouldn't dream of it. I ran into the system problem today too. I was worried the forum was gone. I would miss all the playful banter.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
fallon said:
are you guys still close enough to see your dd often?
We're about 3hrs away. We have been trying to work with DD mom since Aug to get a good schedule. Nothings worked. Mom agreed to one week a month only. So back to court it is. DD wont go to kindergarten untill fall 2009. We are hoping to get two weeks on two weeks off untill then. It sucks that the first 2-3 days that she spends with us we'll spend correcting bad behavior. Lieing(huge), talking back, not listening or following the simpliest instructions. As hard as it is for us I know its ten times harder for lil miss.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
1dayatatime said:
We're about 3hrs away. We have been trying to work with DD mom since Aug to get a good schedule. Nothings worked. Mom agreed to one week a month only. So back to court it is. DD wont go to kindergarten untill fall 2009. We are hoping to get two weeks on two weeks off untill then. It sucks that the first 2-3 days that she spends with us we'll spend correcting bad behavior. Lieing(huge), talking back, not listening or following the simpliest instructions. As hard as it is for us I know its ten times harder for lil miss.
I bet...it sounds to me like this mother is using ehr daughter as way of "getting back" at her ex...that's sad

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Thanks ladies! I wanted to show you my snow dog I made today. The snowman has "buttons"....I had assistance. I left the sledding pic big...check out the look on her little face. Thats awesome.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I showed my kids these pics. They've never seen snow. This looks like so much fun. I guess I'm just going to have to take a vacation to see snow. I want to make a snowman so bad. :(