My wife is 3 months pregnant and she got the stomach bug, now what?...

salemDad2B

Dec 31, 2014
Hi!

Thanks for reading my post and trying to help me out. Feels good knowing you're not alone in this :)

My wife is 3 months pregnant, and her pregnancy is somewhat risky since she had a miscarriage about 5 years ago, and we tried getting pregnant for one year. She goes to the doctor on a monthly basis and so far everything is going perfect. We heard the heart beat just this past Monday, which made me very happy and emotional (I never really cried after i was 15, this day, it came very close). So anyways, she works at a dental office and several of her coworkers got diagnosed with a stomach bug. She got home today and felt sick, fever and she threw up a couple of times. She called the doctor, and the doctor said just to keep yourself hydrated and let them know if she's still sick in 48 hours.

From your experience, should I start freaking out about this, or is she going to be fine? What else can we do besides Gatorade?

Thank you

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
salemDad2B said:
Hi!

Thanks for reading my post and trying to help me out. Feels good knowing you're not alone in this :)

My wife is 3 months pregnant, and her pregnancy is somewhat risky since she had a miscarriage about 5 years ago, and we tried getting pregnant for one year. She goes to the doctor on a monthly basis and so far everything is going perfect. We heard the heart beat just this past Monday, which made me very happy and emotional (I never really cried after i was 15, this day, it came very close). So anyways, she works at a dental office and several of her coworkers got diagnosed with a stomach bug. She got home today and felt sick, fever and she threw up a couple of times. She called the doctor, and the doctor said just to keep yourself hydrated and let them know if she's still sick in 48 hours.

From your experience, should I start freaking out about this, or is she going to be fine? What else can we do besides Gatorade?

Thank you
Not Gatorade. Get your hands on some Advocare Rehydrate. Gatorade is sugar water an the idea that it can be used for medicinal purposes of any kind is beyond me.

You shouldn't freak out, however. It's just a stomach bug, and as long as she is fighting it off okay and is taking in nutrients then she'll be just fine. :)

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I had a bad one several years ago and couldn't keep down fluids, so they gave me IV hydration and sent me home to sip PowerAde. It happens.

What is high-risk about the pregnancy? One of every four pregnancies ends in miscarriage, mostly without a known cause, and doesn't affect future pregnancies. Does she have another diagnosis that makes you feel this is high risk?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I've had a stomach bug while pregnant, more than once, it's not something you need to worry to much about if it's just your run of the mill virus.

salemDad2B

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for all the help guys, she's feeling much better already, almost back to normal. I got her some Advocare like @wickett suggested and that helped! Thank you.

salemDad2B

Dec 31, 2014
akmom said:
I had a bad one several years ago and couldn't keep down fluids, so they gave me IV hydration and sent me home to sip PowerAde. It happens.

What is high-risk about the pregnancy? One of every four pregnancies ends in miscarriage, mostly without a known cause, and doesn't affect future pregnancies. Does she have another diagnosis that makes you feel this is high risk?

Thanks. She was diagnosed with PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome, so the doctors are keeping a close eye on everything. So far everything is going great, and the baby is developing fast and strong according to the doctors :)

Evette

Feb 2, 2015
I can very much identify with your panic. A few years ago, my husband and I were also in the same position with our first born. But it all worked out fine in no time,,well, except for the pesky morning sickness.
The good news is that your wife is feeling better and your baby is well.

salemDad2B

Dec 31, 2014
Evette said:
I can very much identify with your panic. A few years ago, my husband and I were also in the same position with our first born. But it all worked out fine in no time,,well, except for the pesky morning sickness.
The good news is that your wife is feeling better and your baby is well.

Thank you! I'm glad things worked out for you guys. Her morning sickness is getting weaker, but she still takes the medicine for it. In three weeks, we'll know if it's a boy or a girl!

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
salemDad2B said:
Thanks for all the help guys, she's feeling much better already, almost back to normal. I got her some Advocare like @wickett suggested and that helped! Thank you.
Super glad to hear that worked for you. That's some awesome stuff. I use their Spark drink all the time for basketball instead of other energy drinks that have some extreme drawbacks.

salemDad2B

Dec 31, 2014
Wickett said:
Super glad to hear that worked for you. That's some awesome stuff. I use their Spark drink all the time for basketball instead of other energy drinks that have some extreme drawbacks.

Yeah me too! Great to know about it! Thanks

Smithwillsam

Dec 23, 2015
Hi Salem,
I would like to share an informative article of Health problem during pregnancy with you here. http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/health_problems_during_pregnancy.html[/url]

Please click this link and read the article. Hope you will good news, and your wife is feeling better and your baby is well.

jennywest224

Dec 17, 2015
Your wife can get relief from projectile vomiting and morning sickness by drinking no to morning sickness tea.

joeroot9357

Apr 4, 2016
new york
Best would be get consulted regularly with the doctor nearest to your location, keep an eye on her diet and also make sure to keep her out of stress