My young artist......

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
DS (11) has always had a knack for drawing. I don't know where this talent comes from because DH and I can only do stick figures. LOL! Attached is a pic of a tribal chief he drew for a school project. He was recently asked to design/draw the pic for his school holiday postcard. Drawing is his favorite pass time.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
wow that is great! The detail in the face and hands is wonderful! If he can do that at 11, wait till he is 20!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Very good. Keep up the encouragement and maybe he can do computer graphics or movies. There is alot of money to be made in animation!!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Thanks! He has been playing around a little bit with computer graphics and animation. He designed our Christmas card this year.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
It is interesting to see how kids progress from scribing with crayons to much more complicated forms of art.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Congrats Trina! Definitely a big step above the norm for drawing!

Are you getting him art stuff, books for Christmas at all?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Thanks, everyone!

He started drawing trains at 2. I vividly remember taking him to a Parents As Teachers playgroup. The kids were scribbling away and Tyler was humming along drawing a train. The teacher said, "Tyler, that's a TRAIN!:eek:" He smiled and looked up at her like, "No kidding?!" LOL!

He has lots of drawing books and has taken lessons at Guy Gilchrist's Cartoonist's Academy, which fortunately, isn't too far away. He's getting a drawing tablet for Christmas. It'll be fun to see what he comes up with.