Need advice about mending relationship with adult daughter.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Personally, I do tend to keep the peace. Some people prefer it, some don't. My husband for example doesn't like this aspect of me but it's difficult talking about my real feelings when I've gone 30 years keeping them shut inside. But, I do need to try to let him out for his sake. I take a lot after my dad who also tramples his own feelings. Because of that he suddenly blew up and just walked out on my mom one day. I don't want that to be me walking out on my husband.

Also, if I had gotten to know my sister's ex husband a little better, and told her how I really feel about him, I probably could've saved her some heartache. Maybe she would have married him anyway but at least she might've seen the warning signs earlier. But then maybe she would've rebelled and stuck with him longer. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. You never know what the best decision will be until you make a choice and let the pieces fall where they may.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
We all go through that. I'm sure your daughter did love you. She's just clouded by blind love for her boyfriend right now. My mom in law is going through similar. If you really need to talk to someone about this darkness, there's always the suicide helpline. I've used them before, too.

Good luck and stay strong.