Need Help? UPDATE...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Since my last post of sharing with my thoughts I went to the doctor the same day. It was a hard experience getting those feelings out. Just admitting some of them was the hardest thing I'd ever done.

Because of my history with depression they put me on zoloft right away and scheduled me another appointment to talk with a better professional after Christmas.

The zoloft will be good because I can continue you to breasfeed, but I'm waiting for it to kick in. I still feel horrible and can't sleep at all tonight.

Hubby handled everything pretty good. He comforted me in knowing that it was the hormones. I'm glad that he'll be home everyday for the week, and I hope that the zoloft can kick in before he goes back to work after the holidays.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, it's going to be a hard battle, and I hope that I'll be strong enough to take it for my family.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I am very pleased to hear that yo are starting to get some help for some issues. It sounds like your husband is going to do all he can to help as well. I am also very glad to hear that you are still nursing your baby. That is sooooo good for both you. Breastfeeding helps regulate hormones and woman are less likely yo have PPD as strongly as if they were not nursing. So keep it up mom!!!!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I am so glad to hear you got some help. Don't give up, the end result with be worth all of this

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Hang in there. It takes about two weeks for the drugs to actually work. I hope Zoloft works for you. It didn't work for me. I had to quit breastfeeding to take the drugs I'm on now. I hope you start feeling better really soon. In the next two weeks just keep reminding yourself that these horrible feelings will be gone in no time.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I am almost positive I was back to normal within three weeks. Just take it day by day. You are on your way. Best of luck.