New Account & Ideas...

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
Hey guys, it's Paul (cg admin) here. I wanted to make a more personable account instead of the generic CG one. There are some things that I'm going to be trying to accomplish over the next little bit, and if anyone wants to jump in they can. :)

I'm going to try and pull in some more parenting related articles for people to read. We get a lot of signups, but as mom2many has pointed out before, most people get their troubles solved and then leave. If we get some more quality content in here all the way around, the response may be a little better. We can then turn around and post some of these topics to the front page so that there's fresh content always rolling in whenever you visit the home page.

Also, here fairly soon, I want to try and revive the Facebook page. Maybe spruce it up a little, and then push some of the content to it to keep it updated and active.

If anyone has thoughts to pitch in, please feel free. I'm really glad to see we have a least a couple of very dedicated moderators and members here who stick around, and I appreciate your help a lot. :)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
With FB it needs to be promoted. I think that's the biggest thing and being able to lead people over to this site. I believe I also have moderator access over there, but we were not really allowed to do much.

Honestly I think it's just going to come to promoting it.

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
I'm with you on the Facebook thing, I think it could be very useful. What all are you able to do on the Facebook page as a moderator?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I believe I can do almost everything. Originally when we (Xero also) were asked that's what we were told, but then we weren't really allowed (by the old CG person) to do anything. We just watched for spam type things.

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
If you have the ability to make posts on the page, then please feel free to start occasionally promoting some of our better conversations on there. I encourage it, if you have the time and desire. I'm still trying to find out how to get admin access on there so I can fully manage the page, but for now, fresh content is nice. Thanks for answering my questions. :)