New member: JayGT...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Is one of the regulars now hitting new members with negative rep just for fun?

http://www.parentingforums.org/showthread.php?p=34016#post34016[/URL]

JayGT said:
Thanks (not) to whoever gave me -25 reputation points. I'm not sure what that means or impacts, but am curious as to why someone would do that.

Oh well, I still appreciate those that took the time to offer all the helpful advice. Sorry if someone out there has a problem with what I'm posting. I thought that was the point of this forum. Guess I'm missing something...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Ok this is getting so out of hand that I think this baord needs a revamp. We needt o elminate all negative posts and people if that is what it takes.
I seriously think we need a general letter that goes out in one of the forums that states that things are now considered out of hand and that all (and some new) rules will be enforced immediately. This is a parenting forum not a place to chit chat and bash others. If they want that, I have a few websites that are all about that.
I think we need to do this today!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
seeing as how we don't have any real power though....how do we enforce such things...Like we can give infractions all day long but after that there's nothing. I've had to fix quite a few new memeber rep lately because fooser and maybe lissa use the memeber list to give rep until they can give it to who they really want to (I mean Give or Take away) At least this is what I suspect because I've seen quite a few new memeber with reps in the neg...I usually give thiem good rep to bring it back up but then they end up with 100 rep points so I'm not sure that's the best plan either

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
If a person is abusing the rep system, I think option #4 should be considered. Handing out bad reps to a new parent is something that really upsets me.

Violations penalties we could consider for forum abuse\violations (not just rep abuse)

1) Remove post
2) Remove all the that user's posts from thread
3) Remove all the that user's post for that day
4) Remove all the that user's post for that week

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
If Fooser posts anything more today, I will be removing those posts at some point, but not necessarily following him around. He gave me neg rep with a FU type of comment.

I have job away from here, and I didn't sign up to follow around adults who bored and want to screw around.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agre Jtee. I think its time to start deleting posts or banning them. Hard to do if we can't get ahold of admin though