New study shows correlation between father's siblings and baby gender...

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
For those parents-to-be who want a baby boy or baby girl, there is a new method to determine whether you are more likely to have a boy or a girl. Scientist from Newcastle University found that men were more likely to have sons if they had more brothers and vice versa if they had more sisters.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Here is the info on the study</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]

This doesn't mean that it is 100% accurate, but it is statistically significant and it shows some correlation between genetics and baby gender.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
You guys crack me up. You are trying to figure out the sex, eye color, blah blah blah. What happened to some mystery in life? ;)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol I think that's a bunch of crap. You really never know. Anyway it has more to do with the atmosphere of the uterus. Something about acidic or alkelinik (sp?) or whatever because one sperm gender survives better in acidic and the other survives better in alkelinik so it's just however it is at the time. Or that's what I've read, anyway. Maybe it depends on what you eat. :p

slarrik

Dec 4, 2008
I have 2 brothers. One of my brothers has 2 sons. The other has 3 sons.

I had a girl.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
yeah I dont know I have 9 brothers and two sisters...but I have 3 daughters and 3 sons. But accorting to that study I should have more sons than daughters?

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
All I have a half brother does that mean I am more likely to have a she/male :D

(the rest are all step bros and sis)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Father_0f_6 said:
yeah I dont know I have 9 brothers and two sisters...but I have 3 daughters and 3 sons. But accorting to that study I should have more sons than daughters?
sounds like sombody needs to get busy

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Father_0f_6 said:
We're actually talking about adoption but that's beside the point.
That's actually wonderful, and really I was only playing! :p My Aunt has nine kids, some from her belly and the rest from adoption and she and my uncle are two of the best parents I've ever met in my life. Any kid ending up with them should consider themselves blessed.

And you know that's so awesome of you! You could really change a kid's life like that, I should know. I'm thankful for foster homes and adoptive parents every day. &lt;3333 :)