Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
Hi everyone! I am happy to find this forum, it seems fresh and interesting. I have already found some good tips and topics to discuss. I also want to share everything I know as a mom of two.
I am interested in work-life balance, self-education, child-care and mental health. I will try to help you as much as I can.
Good luck to everyone!

HeatherRaines

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Renata! I am new to the forum too. I cannot tell you how difficult it is to find a decent forum. Literally, I've searched online for countless hours over the last few weeks. In this time of COVID, with a toddler, life has been challenging. Like you, I am interested in the tricks of work-life balance and making sure my child is thriving given all the restrictions during the pandemic.

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
I was also looking for a place to talk about problems, things that interest young mothers. Because of COVID, it's harder to work and give children enough attention. I am sure we will get through this!

HeatherRaines

Oct 13, 2020
So funny you mentioned that. I posted my own thread the challenge I am finding is working and having the time to do more creative things with my three year old because we are so limited in what we can do. Is it crazy I worry that the mandatory masking (even outdoors in the City we must wear masks) will have some long term mental/emotional effect on my daughter? Recently, I noticed she seems a little intimidated by all the adults in masks (kids under 10 don't have to wear them). I don't want to seem like a crazy mom, but if adults in masks make her afraid, will there be a long term stigma for her? Plus, it's so hard not to go to playgrounds and have playdates. I worry about losing out on socialization.

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
I feel you. My kids feel the tension around. They understand that there is a risk and try to be calm as I am. But also it's hard for them not to see their friends, the younger one often cried at the beginning of quarantine. I'm happy that my children are together and they support each other. We also started to spend more time doing things together. We are reading, watching movies, studying and playing games. I don't know how long it will last. Since the beginning of the spring, we are practically locked in a house.
I believe everything will be fine as long all people follow the rules. Good luck to you!

HeatherRaines

Oct 13, 2020
I'm starting to move towards the herd immunity mentality. In Ohio, we've been masked, social distanced, in our houses, etc. since March 11th. Suddenly, the governor said 19 counties went to level red. Back in March, the governor told us 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Then, end of May, end of June. Here we are mid-October and it is getting worse, not better. I'm over it.

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
We have the same situation here. It's only getting worse, the children are home again, we rarely go out even to the store, do shopping online. We all worry about each other, so it gets harder for us. I believe everything will be fine!