No more daycare!...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
So I will officially be out of the Navy on Monday. We are keeping the girls in daycare for a week and a half more so that I can get a few things together for crafts, mommy and me play dates, and cleaning the house lol.

I'm so happy to have the girls more! But...I feel sad, mostly for Alenya, because they wont have as much social time with her friends. I don't have any friends that don't work so it'll just be us, until I HOPEFULLY find playgroups for them.

Keep us in your thoughts so that they don't get tired of me. :'(

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Hurray! Happy Full Time Mommy-ing!

Of course they won't get sick of you. :)

going2thebeach

PF Regular
May 13, 2008
New York
I separated from the Air Force in March and have been staying home, with my son, ever since. I feel the same way that you do. I feel guilty that he doesn't have anyone to play with. He's always asking me to play with him or watch a movie. I try to accommodate his needs as much as I can, but if I did it all the time nothing else would get done around here. Right now I'm 38 weeks pregnant so that just makes things 10 times harder. Hopefully, for you, not being pregnant, you'll be able to do a lot more. Trust me, it's going to take some getting use to (especially after being in the military), but you'll find your nitch. Will you still be on a base?

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Yup, I'm stationed in Japan and so is my dh. We will continue to live on this base for another year.

Going from military to civilian I picture being a challenge enough, but having the kids too all day! I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Right now they are driving me crazy! lol It's almost 10pm and they don't want to sleep! ERGH!

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Congrats I am very happy for you!

Have you thought about keeping them in daycare part time? That would give you a breather during the day and they could still enjoy their socialization.

going2thebeach

PF Regular
May 13, 2008
New York
Hourly is great! Then you can take them on your terms.

I wish I had hourly daycare. That would be a lifesaver. Being a stay-home-mom is NOT for me . . . . I would just rather work. Luckily I am starting school in the Spring (and thanks to the new GI Bill I can afford someone to watch them).

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
that's great news. I'm really glad for you. You'll love it.

Just remember that you do need to find some contacts - kids can get very lonely. That's one of the things that we've done wrong with our kids - neither of them have a little friend that they see all the time.

MummyatHome

PF Regular
Nov 8, 2007
Australia
I just did this too! (spam warning: see my blog for this journey!)

I love being home full time. I hear you on the friends front. It is soo hard to find playgroups in my area. And yes, I also agree that if they rely on me for entertainment then nothing would get done! This is my biggest struggle atm as they are both quite clingy. Argghhhh!

Good Luck with it all!