no more sex (TMI alert)...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
oh my god i swear i have just had too many close call's lately we recently were at his house (usually at mine) and used a condom that had been in his wallet and obviously got hot or something and it just sort of popped. like the side of it just kind of exploded mid action i have never heard of this before but there you go. i am currently on anti biotics and so i would assume that the pill is not at the best effect right now

probably am not pregnant, similar things have happened so many times and not resulted in pregnancy and some people try for years and get no results but this is just too many close calls and i think Tim would secretly be thrilled if a pregnancy happened so he is not actively trying to prevent it apart from condoms i wasn't planning on any sex because of the anti-biotics and because i am crazy fertile but it just sort of happened. anywayi am thinking this is one close call too many i may have to join a nunnery for a while..

sorry really just expressing frustration, no real point to this post

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Never use a condom that has been stored in a bad way, such as in someone's wallet, it isn't just heat that effects them but also being moved around a lot, you can get little tins to store them in to stop them being constantly squashed.

Hopefully you aren't pregnant if that is what you would prefer, but if you are, I'm sure you'll manage fine with another child.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
what is this "sex" thing you speak of? I seem to have a vague memory of something happening like that...I'm alomst too jealous to be scared for you.

Hope everything turns out the way you want it, try not to worry.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
what is this "sex" thing you speak of? I seem to have a vague memory of something happening like that...I'm alomst too jealous to be scared for you.
Haha! Okay sorry, I had to laugh...but seriously. I've been there. lol

Yes, Antoinette. Amber and I figured out the hard way that condoms stored in wallets are not effective...example: Megan.

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
lol trust i know what u mean....why dont u ask him to pull out PLUS wear a condom.....doubly effective ;)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
sure does but here i am worrying again if Im pregnant (fingers crossed that Im not) and I'm a 19 year old single mother to two children so really don't want to be a 20 year old mother to 3

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
Incidentally, have you considered an IUD?

They're safe (health-wise), better protection than either the pill or condoms, and you could use them in tandem with a condom for maximum protection.

The only downside is that they apparently hurt like )(#@*$)(@#*$ going in (they have to be placed by a physician).

At any rate, you should really talk to your doctor about it. It costs a little bit of money - something like $200-$400 plus the doctor's visit. But that's a hell of a lot less expensive than a mistake!

Just a thought.

~Steve

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Antoinette said:
and "what is this sex thing" is about to be Tim's catch phrase lol
I thought you had to be married before you cut a guy off (for other than disciplinary reasons of course.)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i forget. how long until it shows up on a home pregnancy test? it has only been like 4 days since so i haven't bought one yet

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
Antoinette said:
i forget. how long until it shows up on a home pregnancy test? it has only been like 4 days since so i haven't bought one yet
Most accurate results are after your period would normally have occurred.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I think IUDs can be great. I had one for a couple of years. It hurt going in, but it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, my body didn't like it. I had BV almost the whole time. Which, is just disgusting. I had it removed (which doesn't hurt) and was pregnant almost immediately. And as far as cost....it was $950 where I am at. I have know people who love it. No problems, no babies, and almost no period. Antoinette...have you looked into an IUD? Seems like you'd be the perfect candidate.

As far as a pregnancy test....if your periods are regular, you can take a test about 5 days before your period. Do it first thing in the morning. There are more hormones in the first pee in the morning :) But if you get a negative, you can test again closer to when you are supposed to get your period for better results. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
alright well this is TMI i know but it is now due tomorrow and i am usually pretty on schedule so i guess will take one in the morning and let you know the results...