no more sex (TMI alert)...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I don't know, they're nice and all but they mess with your hormones and I never liked the idea. Plus I know a few people that have one and it made them gain all kinds of weight, and killed their libido. I'm sure it works out nicely for some people though.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I had the Mirena IUD and it had a very low dose of hormone in it, and since it was a 'local' kind of hormone, it didn't work like the pill...so I didn't notice any of the side effects like taking the pill. It just made my periods light to nothing. Which was nice! And this is definitely way TMI, but I kept getting BV infections. So my body just didn't like having that foreign thing in it. That was the only bad thing. No weight gain, no moodiness, no loss of sex drive, no babies!

Now I am taking the POP, or mini pill. I get moody, and it kills my sex drive, and I am still worried about getting pregnant, so I don't really know why I am taking it. I'm still pushing for the vasectomy!!! It is really the only option I see at this point. Or abstinence, which isn't really an option in my book.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, I have a couple of friends with the Mirena in (well one of them got it out), and they were the ones with the craptastic side effects I was referring to. :) But I mean, obviously it doesn't do that to everybody, or nobody would ever get it haha. However, with my luck, I would be one of those people with the crappy side effects. That's what happened to me when I had the little BC thingie in my arm for a year or so. I had that removed, made me miserable.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i took one when i first woke up and it said positive then i took another at 10:30 and it said negative? i am now so confused i guess i have to go to the doctor and see :( basically my mind is saying shit shit shit... i don't another baby, you have no idea how much i don't want another baby.. i don't know what i am going to do

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I have been told that you can get a false negative, but not a false positive lol but I'm not sure. :p

Don't worry Antoinette, even if you are pregnant, everything will work itself out and everything will be okay!!!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i thought you could get a false positive but not a false negative... i don't know but i don't want another baby i am struggling enough with 2 kids i can't imagine 3

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well the reason they say that you can't get a false positive is because the pregnancy hormone has to be present in order to make that second line show up. So if you get a positive, almost the only possible way you made that happen was with the pregnancy hormone lol. If you get a negative, the hormone could be at too low of a level to be detected, and thus a false negative.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
well i think i need to take a while to work out what I'm going to do about this. first thing is first i need to go to the doctors and see if this is actually happening. and then i guess i should talk to Tim. he acts like he wants a baby but now it is happening i don't know if he will be so thrilled

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I agree, your pregnancy hormones are at their strongest in your first morning pee, because you've been holding it in all night and not drinking anything etc. Most times even on the back of the box if you look close enough it will say that the best time to do it is first thing in the morning, but it is not required. Since its still so early, you might get a positive test during that concentrated time in the morning but not be able to get it to show up later in the day when its lower and more watered down.

I would try another test tomorrow morning, and make an appointment to get a blood test done to confirm. Definitely talk to Tim and work out your thoughts and feelings together. I wish I could make you feel better right now. :( Things love to happen outside of our plans, don't they?

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Antoinette, I'll be thinking about you. I know you really really don't want another baby right now :( You are a great mom, and I am sure you will make the best decision for you. You must be just a whirlwind of emotion right now. I'm sending you a hug, wish I could deliver it myself. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i really just don't think that there is anything anyone could say right now. its one of those things that i will get through because i don't have a choice. as much as i don't want another child we don't always get what we want and it looks like I'm getting one and i just have to make the best of it because it doesn't look like Im going to have a choice

artistinspired

PF Regular
Mar 14, 2011
Oregon
Such a hard situation. My youngest was pill failure. I have two from my marriage when i was 18. I had just started college and was in my second long term relationship, we were two years in and i took the pill religiously. I was really upset when i found out i was pregnant again. I had her and i don't regret her being in my life or having her in my life, but i got fixed after that. I have had a still birth and two miscarriages on pill. Her father cheated on me three years later so that is that. Kids are a big deal, much bigger than i think we realize at first. If for some reason my tubal ligation failed and by some crazy amazing thing (because i seem to fall into that .001 percent) happened, i would controversially say i would absolutely have an abortion. I'm nearly finished with my bachelors degree and not only cannot i not afford another child financially? but emotionally either. I wish you the best of luck, honestly, from the very core of my heart.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
my mind had briefly thought over abortion but i just couldn't bring myself to do that to a baby. it is a person who will have hopes and dreams and will make friends and meet someone and eventually maybe have babies of their own so i think of all of that and it makes me realise i couldn't kill something so innocent. they haven't even had a chance to live.

artistinspired

PF Regular
Mar 14, 2011
Oregon
it is a very controversial subject. I don't view early conception in that way, but i completely respect the view that you do. good luck to you :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
My heart goes out to you Antoinette. I still hope this somehow turns out for you the way you want. And by all means talkt to Tim, even if it turns out not to be it'd be good to see how he deals with it, may tell you some about your future together.

I really respect your views and for living your values, it's certainly not convenient for you to do so, so all the more admirable.

I share your views on tthe life of fetus' (although I respect the fact that others have other opinions about viablity etc.) Once we heard an early term heartbeat, there was no doubt in my mind this is life. Take care, get Tim's input, involvement and support, and know that we are thinking of you.