Old Threads...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I just wanted to let you guys know that I closed all the threads from March, so we're up to date on the 90 days old thing again. :) I figured I'd do it on the first of every month.

The other thing is, it still seems to be causing a problem. :veryconfused: People are still complaining. Ugh. So I was thinking maaaaaaaybe we should close them at like 60 days old instead of 90? And then we could be more lenient about people bumping, since none of them would be THAT old. I was thinking about putting something in my signature about it too, and a link to the rules or something. I don't know yet. But I'm thinking. I mean really we could close them once they get older than 30 days and we'd never have to tell anybody not to bump a dead thread, because nobody would be able to. But then I almost feel like we are being too restrictive if we close them that soon. But maybe if we close them at 60 days then we could still have the 30 day rule, but we wouldn't necessarily care enough to say something if someone bumped a thread that was 40 days old, you know? Or maybe we could take a poll and see what the members think? Oh I'm not sure, but I'm brainstorming here. Join me! :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
what if we we have them closed at 60 and then stop worrying about telling people about the older than 30 rule...essentially let them do whatever they are allowed to...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's what I was thinking, was maybe to close them at 60 days, and then don't bother picking on anyone about bumping. We could still have the 30 day rule in the rules and guidelines, but it would just be an effort to try and keep it as recent as possible, but it wouldn't really be necessary to tell people not to bump threads that are like 30-60 days old...