OMG I'm in LOVE!...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
...with being a SAHM!!!

I never thought it would be this great, for real!

I've been doing it for about a week or so now and so far so good. My house is cleaner, DH and I get on each others nerves because we see each other more but that's to be expected we just tell the other one to give some breathing room and that's done, we :jiggy: more now too! Haha!

The best part is, of course, spending more time with the girls. We go out to the park at least once a day, sometimes if the weather is alright we can make it out twice. Alenya is down to only a half hour a day of tv, sometimes an hour for a movie if she's well behaved. This is such a big improvement over whenever she was in daycare all day. She would just want to come home and watch tv, now she hardly asks. We've been working on learning more. She can tell me almost all her shapes, and we're learning how to recognize the alphabet now. Kaitlyn just enjoys having mommy and daddy around more. She loves riding in her stroller and going for walks. She's been loving on everything too. It's been a good time.

The hardest part is Alenya asking to go to "school" to see her friends. One of my friends will come up and her daughter is Alenya's age so that gives her someone to play with. But other than that I don't have any other friends that have kids. I'm thinking once a week or once every two weeks in hourly care for a few hours will be good for Alenya to get that interaction in with other kids.

I don't know why I was so scared. It's been so much fun learning with the girls. Much less stress than going to work. I am THINKING about just being a SAHM till the youngest goes to school...but I don't know what DH will think about that. With the economy the way it is, you sometimes need both parents to work.

I just had to give an update on how we're doing. I'm in school again...I'm taking a break from homework to check out the forums like I do once every month now it seems haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I'm jealous. Congrats.

When my son was first born I worked 12 hour days one 2 days on 2 days off so I got a lot of alone time with him. I think that's why we're so close and my daughter and I aren't.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!! I wouldn't go back for anything now that I've been home with my babies