opps .. we did it again...

marjan

PF Regular
Jan 19, 2010
Malaysia
Dear All,

My DW is pregnant again after 6 months giving birth to my 1st DD. My 1st DD was through cesarean. Is 6 month too early for another pregnancy? Any risk? Any stories or experiences?

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
mine are 15 months apart... but I'm pretty sure. the human bod is supposed to be given 12 months to recover from the strain of a pregnancy before being expected to do it again or there is a risk of it coming back to bite you like 20 years down the track

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think its best for your health to wait if you can, but I also think that you should be just fine if it happens anyway. 6 months later shouldn't be a very big deal, that seems like plenty of time. At the worst it can just be a little bit harder on your body to have two pregnancies close to each other. Either way as long as she keeps up on health care everything should be alright I'm sure.

Anyway, congratulations!! :)

www777

PF Regular
Jun 21, 2010
If your body wasn't ready then you wouldn't have fallen pregnant again. Although it is good to give your uterus a chance to recover to normal function. You will be fine. It might just be a little trying having both your little ones teething at once. Congrats!

St. Nobody

PF Regular
Jun 22, 2010
I've read two schools of thought on this:

The first is that, if someone has not had very many children, it may be better to have children closer together rather than years and years apart due to not having to re-stretch all the tissue to the same extent.

The second is that, if someone has had a lot of children, it may put more strain on their body with a greater risk of incompetent cirvix, miscarriage and eclampsia, but still doable.

My husband and his sister are (bless their mom's heart!) eleven months apart. Someone resumed regular activities before they were supposed to!

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Me and my sister are 9.5 months apart, she was born 8 weeks early. The only effect it has was that the pregnancy hormones effected her milk, so she was unable to breast feed me for long enough.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
Me and my sister are 9.5 months apart, she was born 8 weeks early. The only effect it has was that the pregnancy hormones effected her milk, so she was unable to breast feed me for long enough.

Your sister breastfed you? at 9.5 months old? Call Guiness!!

(sorry, couldn't resist...);):D;)

Mama2aBIGbrood

Jun 24, 2010
I got pregnant with my second child 4 months after giving birth to my first child but I didn't have a C-Section for the first.

When I was pregnant with the first though I had just gotten my appendix out 3 months before.

I was really scared the scar would open, but it didn't and my doctor didn't seem too worried.

1mom.4kids

PF Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2010
Sounds like you already got the answer to your question but I wanted to tell you congrats!