out of the mouths of babes...

momtoallkids

PF Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
agawam,ma
ok so i wanted to post this for many reasons. i would love to see what kind of odd, strange, or downright gutbusting things that other peoples kids say. i guess i kinda want to make sure that i am not the only one who has strange kids.

csdax

PF Enthusiast
May 5, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I routinely hear my children parroting back things that I've said:

When Erika (2) fell off her chair because she wasn't sitting properly, Jadzia (5) said "Erika, this is one of those 'no sympathy' situations!"

I can't remember what it was about, but Jadzia was watching Erika, and she sighed and said "Ah. They grow up so fast!"

Erika said something today, and I didn't quite hear it. I asked her what she said and she said "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Erika was upset because she'd dropped something on the floor, and Jadzia said "Erika, that's because of gravity. Get used to it."

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
My nephew is 10. Yesterday my sister and her family played the if we were rich, what would be the first thing you'd buy... she wanted a car, a new house for my Brother in law, a new doll for 7 year old Caity, and my nephew said " I'd get a Chinese girl" :biggrin:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Well my 19 year old just scared the crap out of me which meant I said "fucker' to which my 2 year old went "fucker"...yeah, she's a parrot!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
My daughter Cara was told by DW to finish her veggies if she wanted ice cream later. DW then goes outside leaving Cara alone in kitchen, Im in living room.

Cara [screams]: "Daaaad!, when mom comes in is she gonna check the garbage!?"
Me: "Probably"
Cara [mutters]: "oh man!"

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ElliottCarasDad said:
My daughter Cara was told by DW to finish her veggies if she wanted ice cream later. DW then goes outside leaving Cara alone in kitchen, Im in living room.

Cara [screams]: "Daaaad!, when mom comes in is she gonna check the garbage!?"
Me: "Probably"
Cara [mutters]: "oh man!"
and thus she starts her own practice of "don't ask, don't tell."

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I had my own experience, while traveling to Chicago with my eldest....I jokingly said something in a stereotypical chicagoan accent while driving with my son, he didn't say anything, so I asked, "haven't you heard a Chicago accent before?" to which he replied "yes, and it doesn't sound anything like that, so please don't do it..."

Then he was worried that he'd offended me and apologized profusely, but I applauded his honesty...he just didn't want me to embarrass myself (and by extension him...)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Sasha was watching the women's weight lifting, and there was a woman, I can't remember what country she was from, possibly China, who looked very masculine. VERY masculine.

"Muuuummm.... is that... a... girl?"
"Well, it is the women's weight lifting, so yes"
"Are you sure? I think that's a boy pretending to be a girl"
"Why do you say that?"
"She looks more like a boy than Daddy"