Ovarian cysts!!!...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
So has anyone else out there had cysts on their ovaries?? If so did you do anything, can you do anything and how did you treat the pain. I just spent the entire day between the doctors office and the hospital. I have been feeling a sharpish sort of pain on my lower right side of my abdomen for 3 days now and last night it became pretty intolerable. I called the doctor, made an appt. and they were pretty sure that it was appendicitis, so they drew a bunch of blood and sent me to the hospital for a CT scan of my lower abdomen. All said and done and 6 hours later it turns out I have a 6cm sized cyst on my right ovary. Very painful, but was told to go to bed an rest for the next few days and this will pass. Is this normal and how often if at all do they reoccur? I had one rupture when I was 13 or so but that was a more acute onset and then it was gone. Just looking to see if anyone has any advice to ease the pain or what you did for yours. Thanks!!!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Someone on here just posted about this. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
At 6cm, they should have done more than put you on bedrest. From what my GYN said, once they reach over 3.5cm, they check on them very thoroughly.

Anyway...for pain, the only thing really that works is pain pills. They gave me Perc 5s at the ER, but they knocked me out. I refused to take anymore, they gave me hydrocodone 5s.

Only other thing that may possibly work (that I've discovered, anyway) is a heating pad, or any kind of warmth. Doesn't releave it completely, but makes it a bit more tolerable.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I was actually told to go home and take it easy for the rest of the weekend and take it easy at work for the next week. As far as pain goes. today seems a little worse, but I have taken a Vicoden and will see if that makes it any better or just makes me sleepy.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
{{{HUGS}}} I get endometrial ovarian cysts. Are you seeing a GYN about this? If not, I highly recommend it. A GYN will want to monitor them by US over a period of time. He/she may recommend BC pills to regulate them. They may also want to do a laparoscopy. Lupron injections may be suggested as a treatment.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Take a muscle relaxer or Motrin with your Vicodin. Vicodin never made me tired it just made me want to clean my house. lol
You're in my prayers. Sorry sweets. mwah (((HUGS)))

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I am seeing my family physician/gyn for this and have an ultrasound scheduled for a month from now. I also had an IUD placed after Bailey was born so I cannot really take bc pills. I seem to feel a little better this afternoon, but will keep trdging trhu the pain and hope it goes away soon, thanks for all the hugs and good thoughts I bet that is what is making it better!!!!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh my goodness you girls........you're falling apart.
Take care of you the best you can. We have to be running like a fine tuned engine to be mothers so I hope you all get things handled.