parentastic.org...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, I am not okay with him posting under that username. He is replying multiple times under pretty much every thread made, he is playing us for some massive advertising. He's pretty much spamming wherever he goes. So is there a way for me to change his username or does he have to be banned or something?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh and speaking of usernames how freaking obnoxious is it that someone joined under the name "Xerc". First of all, what could that possibly mean? Its not even a word, not even a name, not initials or anything else. I swear they're mocking me or something. Its just irritating to me, I mean WHY? Makes me want to change my own username.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
LOL Zero..

Parenting has been irritating me also but he is giving honest and somewhat thoughtful answers, but he does rub me the wrong way so I get it.

Zerc, I caught that also and I have to admit haven't been paying a lot of attention to him/her. Watching but that's about it. You don't need to change your name cause I am sure whoever it is will either show their true colors or move along..

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yeah, I thought it was odd that CG would allow a user name iwth a .org or .com of dot anything, but since they did I don't think there's much we can do about it unless be does something bannable. I like some of his input and he does seem sincere and pretty non-judgemental despite taking oppositional views on many things, so I don't really want to see him banned unless he blatantly breaks a rule. i think he's just one to watch. I' always a little dubious of people who have an answer for everything, as if there are perfect parenting strategies and all kids are alike.

as for Xerc, I thought that was an attempt to confuse and make posts appear as Xero's, but in all honesty, What's he done wrong? And as for what it can mean, sorry hun, I had no idea what "Xero" meant until I met you....so, I'm not seeing a reason to ban...yet.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad said:
And as for what it can mean, sorry hun, I had no idea what "Xero" meant until I met you....so, I'm not seeing a reason to ban...yet.
Oh yeah? What's it mean? :p

I don't want to ban the guy at all lol, I just find his username choice annoying. It would be like someone joining under the name IADad1.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh I understand, I'd think it'd be incredibly annoying. And Xero is a character from something. Don't recall what, but I now it was a character someone else recognised the the reference from. See, I have been paying attention, not taking notes, but paying attention.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol! Well it has some meaning to me and it does start out with the ghost dog from the Nightmare Before Christmas named Zero. That's crazy to me that you made that connection lol. I had a pure white cat with two different colored eyes that was deaf in both ears who I named after him, only I decided to be different and use an X instead of a Z. In light of the cat I loved, I joined another website (not a parenting forum, I didn't have kids yet LOL) under the name Xeromantic. No real explanation for that, just being creative. It was a cool username but everyone on the board/game just called me Xero, so I decided if I ever joined another forum I would just use that and simplify things. :)

Zero:

Xero:

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
hmmm, I was remembering some exchange with another user about some character from a book series, must have made it up in my mind...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh! Hm, lol. I have no idea what that could be, unless you are remembering why I named Eli. I think I posted that once a long time ago. I used to enjoy writing, and I wrote a "book" of sorts, I might just call it a story really but it was extremely long haha, and the main character's name was Eli Mathew. I kind of fell in love with my own character if you will, and always wanted to name my son after him if I ever had one. I sure would love taking up writing again! :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
Oh! Hm, lol. I have no idea what that could be, unless you are remembering why I named Eli. I think I posted that once a long time ago. I used to enjoy writing, and I wrote a "book" of sorts, I might just call it a story really but it was extremely long haha, and the main character's name was Eli Mathew. I kind of fell in love with my own character if you will, and always wanted to name my son after him if I ever had one. I sure would love taking up writing again! :)
No that's not the conversation I'm remembering, must have been in my head.

You should write in snippets, maybe even dictate to your computer while you do other stuff. Like when you're nursing you could dictate, other times when you're up late etc...you just have to remember to do it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I totally agree, I should just do a little here and there. I enjoy writing so much, thinking back on it makes me miss it really bad. I feel like somebody died or something. Its depressing lol.

M2M - I love Eli's name! I wish I had the word document of that story still, it got lost in an old broken computer somewhere (and the printed out version I put in a binder is lost too when somebody borrowed it). I do still have the rough draft though, written by hand on regular paper! lol Filled up a couple entire notebooks, front and back of the pages. They're all wrinkled and faded and stuff spilled on them now though. :p Oh the memories of sitting in class not doing my actual school work. :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
...you miss it "badly"...

if you're going to write, I feel the need to be the grammar nazi......;-)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol!! :p Hey, I write entirely different when I'm... writing. haha

Imagine if I used "lol" as much in a story as I do in my forum posts. xD That would be awful.