Parenting at 20

Winston10015

Jul 14, 2020
My daughter is 20 years old and just recently moved out of the house. She has ALWAYS been a bear to get up in the mornings and it didn't matter if I played tough parent or not. She has A.D.D. and I just always assumed that played into it. She has always been very emotional but a super, duper child when it come to morals and taking the high road. At 20 I'm faced with a big delimma though. The doctor has perscribed her an Antidepressant - Zoloft. I know antidepressants can be harmful and I'm not asking for health advice on the specifics of the medication. I'm asking for advice as to my role as a parent at this age when my child has had no signs of being depressed. She is complaining to the doctor of chronic fatigue and because nothing else is showing up health wise, they feel with all of her schedule changes and busy lifestyle and now having less going on and moving to her own place, that sometimes our bodies just go through fatigue and since it's been an extended period of time they feel this may help.???

I want to let her make the decisions on this but I have already read horror stories. This is a major thing for a 20 year old to handle on her own but if I say to much she'll take it just because I'm such a worrier. Please give me some suggestions as to the best way to handle this discretely with her.

MilkyF

Apr 23, 2021
I think that you should support her anyway. She should feel you're worrying about her