Parenting/kids products that are underrated or awesome...

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
The title is self-explanatory. Just list the things you think are/were great for parents and children of any age, babies - late teens. Of course, there are a lot of practical, timeless, classic things that every parent has. But there are things that stand out as something I'm so glad I had/have, or that my daughter has benefited with.
In no particular order:

1. Jolly Jumper. My daughter loved this as a baby. It was a great for me as I set it up in the doorway of the kitchen while I was washing dishes and cooking. She would bounce around and develop and strengthen her legs and gain some coordination, all the while squeal with joy and babble away. I would talk to her and my mom would come home to happy baby first thing when she opened the door.

2. Baby cloths. I know it sounds like it should be on my wasted or overrated list. But unlike dishcloths and normal sized face cloths, the fibers are shorter, or flatter, they're just the right size for babies and you haven't used them with cleaning chemicals (which can linger after they've been washed.) Baby cloths are versatile in that they can be used to clean up the baby, wipe their gums and if you wrap up a wet cloth with an ice cube, teething reliever (with full supervision, of course.)

3. Leap Frog products. Mine spent 2 hours playing with hers. It's educational and entertaining. The only issue is the price.

4. Leash and harnesses. Of course these are not meant to be used on older kids past 4 or 5. But when you have a toddler that escapes your grip or hides and runs off as a prank on mom and dad, these prevent a scary situation. I used one at stores and places where there is dangerous places, areas that can be used as hiding places and crowds, like the mall or amusement parks. When she was a little older, I would keep the harness on with the leash off until she acted up or refused to stay close.

PracticalParent

Dec 1, 2016
5. Lego. I know it's popular, but I don't think it's value can be overstated. I've seen it used by boys/girls of all ages. It's creative. It uses math skills. Hard to beat! (P.S. I also agree about the Leapreader as another underrated toy).

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
Playmobile was a favorite of mine. I wanted them all. Never got the house but I enjoyed seeing all the Playmobile set up in the display cases.

BabaCheema

May 8, 2020
Baby always loves to play. Right toys are one kind of investment for babies development. My little one love to play with his rocking chair.

WayneCoarm

May 8, 2020
It might be obvious, but Tablets are definitely awesome for kids of all ages. Of course, you need to make sure they are safe, so be sure to put something to protect children, like Net Nanny, KidzSearch App,  and Circle by Disney to make your wireless safe.  The amount of great content for kids including tons of free apps is amazing. I wish I had it myself while growing up, but was happy playing with Barbies.