Parents Try to Sell Baby on Ebay...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
<I>BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- Authorities in southern Germany said Saturday that they have taken custody of a 7-month-old boy after his parents posted an ad on eBay offering to sell him for one euro, the equivalent of $1.57.</I>
<I>Peter Hieber, a spokesman for police in the Bavarian town of Krumbach, said the baby was placed in the care of youth services in the southwestern Allgaeu region, although the child's 23-year-old mother insisted that the ad was only a joke.</I>
<I>Authorities have launched an investigation into possible child trafficking against the baby's mother and 24-year-old father, neither of whom was identified.</I>
<I>"Offering my nearly new baby for sale, as it has gotten too loud. It is a male baby, nearly 28 inches (70 cm) long and can be used either in a baby carrier or a stroller," police quoted the ad as reading.</I>
<I>No offers were made for the child in the two hours and 30 minutes the ad was posted on Tuesday. EBay later deleted the posting but assisted police in tracking down the parents.</I>
<I>Several people who saw the ad alerted police.</I>

Parents try to sell baby on eBay - CNN.com

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
meow_173 said:
maybe its the same thing?
I doubt it, the ebay one was commented on by a spokesperson in Berlin, and the Craigslist one, the couple was arrested yesterday (or the day before) in Vancouver, it was on our National news last night.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
wow,that's really screwed up. If they were not joking.. what kind of person could do that.. man there are some real screwed up people out there.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
My hubby jokes around alot about selling one of the kids, particularly on ebay. We would never ever really do that though! How sad.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I's embarrased to say I think the idea of it is funny. I joke sometimes about trading Nolan in for a new one but of course I'm just JOKING. I HOPE that's all this ebay thing turns out to be..although..ebay charges listing fees that I certainly wouldn't pay for a joke!

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
ljmahr said:
My hubby jokes around alot about selling one of the kids, particularly on ebay. We would never ever really do that though! How sad.
I think that's kinda funny myself as long as the joke has good intentions....but keep in mind, that posting on the net (even as a joke) can and will land you in jail, and you may lose custody of your children.

It's like a really nasty joke...make sure you don't tell it to the wrong person.

Funny thing, Kayleigh has a shirt that says "Brother For Sale"...even funnier, she doen't have a brother :)...so we joke "he's already been sold"

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Music-dad said:
Funny thing, Kayleigh has a shirt that says "Brother For Sale"...even funnier, she doen't have a brother :)...so we joke "he's already been sold"

That is funny, but it is funny because it on a little girl, not on ebay.

A couple years ago while hiking we crossed paths with a group of girls 11-12 years olds, and one of the girls had on a T-shirt that had printed right across her chest "<I>So many boys.... so little time</I>". She was developed enough so that something like that was inviting something bad to happen.