Parentstatic...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It is my opinion that his post are becoming more antagonistic. I do not feel I would be neutral modding him. He post like he is somehow the resident expert on parenting My Opinion. He tears down posters to make his points. And he wines about being attacked when he is called out on this. I am going to respond to his last post with Pm

<I>Your entire first post on spanking teenagers came off as antagonistic. I dont believe I am alone reading it this way. You spent the entire first part of the post tearing down the OP. Dont you see that? I will not stand by silently.

My subsequent post was an effort to bolster the OP faith in himself. And provide some thoughts to move forward. And to maybe get you to reread your post.

You interpret disagreement as "attacks". You interpret more than one person disagreeing with you as "gang attacks". I interpret this as either a personal issue with you or possibly some type of ego issue. Now I see you "attacking" other posters on different threads.
</I>

I am asking one of you to review his posts with fresh eyes and mod if warranted.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I don't know, I have been reading his post. I always do, but I am not sure that his intent is so much to tear the others down as to make a strong impact in making/having the poster see a different perspective. However, there is clearly an ego issue there, but is that enough to give him a slap on the wrist? I don't know. I do not like him, he irritates the crap out of me and I keeping hoping he will go away but so far he hasn't.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I am ready to tell him to "pack sand"

What really gets my goat is his representations of his opinions or theories as fact.

We all know it is very easy for us to rip new members with the first questions they ask. But almost without exception we /mods/vets. Start with "we understand" "it must be difficult" ect words of encouragement or comfort. then try to follow up with constructive advice. While there are exceptions with some outrageous post. We are all pretty much on the same page.

He uses the multi-quote to dissect their post and parenting. Follows that up with his theories presented as facts. Any disagreement with him ends in the desenting opinion presented as an attack or with a multi quote war.

Here is the deal. I really want to be fair. I really want the forum to be fair. I am way to biased about this dude.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Lazy way :p

bssage said:
I am ready to tell him to "pack sand"

I feel you, like I said the man drives me crazy!

What really gets my goat is his representations of his opinions or theories as fact.

See that's where I have the hardest time with him. I get that our opinions in some way become fact. I am not one to talk, but he can not see it that way. Since he believes it and took a 200 word passage out of a "research" article it has to be fact. Really?

We all know it is very easy for us to rip new members with the first questions they ask. But almost without exception we /mods/vets. Start with "we understand" "it must be difficult" ect words of encouragement or comfort. then try to follow up with constructive advice. While there are exceptions with some outrageous post. We are all pretty much on the same page.

I agree.

He uses the multi-quote to dissect their post and parenting. Follows that up with his theories presented as facts. Any disagreement with him ends in the desenting opinion presented as an attack or with a multi quote war.

I know, who the hell has that kinda time? I mean I do it inside a post on occasion but to sit there and break it down into tiny little pieces with 300 word answers. I don't get it.

Here is the deal. I really want to be fair. I really want the forum to be fair. I am way to biased about this dude.

I think we are all a little biased, but he really has not broken any rules. I mean we can't kick someone off cause their ego is to big, can we?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
He is going at it on the "how to explain gay thread"

My money is on his next post being that testing is personally attacking him.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I have said before I'm not a big fan of his manner. I do think he comes off as a condescending know it all. And he does annoy me. However, he really didn't break any rules and I personally believe that the members he is talking to have the ability to fight their own battles. If they don't like his answer, they can argue with him. Or agree to disagree. Whatever. Parentastic really hasn't done anything worthy of punishment or scolding IMO. He's just annoying. Can't really make him change who he is, the only option would be to kick him out and that's mean. I just tolerate him. There are other people that have been or are now on this board that I have wanted to warn or punish due to the way they talk to people but I tolerate them anyway because they're not actually breaking the rules and I think they really want to be here. If they want to be here, then who am I to stop them as long as they're not trying to be assholes? Idk. We are here to uphold the rules. We can't make everybody be perfect. And we can't punish them for being annoying.