Pets!...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
Just curious as to what everyone has for pets? We have 9 cats, (4 are special needs), 2 lovebirds a 35 gal. fish tank and a 75 gal fish tank. I would not change anyything about having soo many pets, I love them too much.

So what does everyone else have? and do you have pics?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Two Golden Retrievers and one betta fish.

Now outside.........I have an opposum, armadillo, squirrels but they seem to love my yard. Oh and two doves who hang out in the front by my windows and bird bath.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
you really have possums and armadillos just hanging around outside? That is cool!

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
Now we need to start seeing some pics! I will try and post a few of mine, but I am not too good at this computer stuff. So here goes-these are 6 of my 9

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Lots of fish....

<U>30g planted aquarium</U>
1 Flame Gourami
1 Angelfish
6 Glass Cats
5 Peppered Cory

<U>29g planted aquarium</U>
4 Cardinal Tetra
4 Neon Tetra
8 Black Stripe Tetra
1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Three Stripe Cory

<U>5g planted aquarium</U>
1 Blue Gourami
2 unidentified fry

and we have a 75 gallon that we have some work to do on before getting setup.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
button611 said:
you really have possums and armadillos just hanging around outside? That is cool!
You wouldn't think that was cool if you lived here. They tear up the lanai which makes the concrete split, they tear up the screen on the lanai's cage.
The opposums STINK! They get all the dogs going because some of them are bigger then our neighbors dogs! lol
Oh and racoons. I forgot those. I just wish I could shoot a firearm off in my neighborhood. I despise these things.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Cameron's got a dog named Buddy. He's mountain cur/beagle.

I've got a female cat named Gabby, a male named Hector. They both come in and out as they please. Then I've got a male cat named Victor, who is not allowed inside due to his absolute refusal to use the litter box.

Our recent addition is 2 kittens, who've we've not named yet. I think we've got one male and one female, but not sure yet.

Then we get random critters in the yard...deer, turkeys, lizards, snakes, skunks, foxes, stuff like that.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Two Ragdoll cats, Andy (15) and Mandy (13).

We love cats, and had 5 at one time, but that's when DS developed a cat allergy. :( He's OK with our current two, who we've had since before he was born, as long as they stay out of his bedroom and he doesn't pet them too much.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
They are beautiful-I used to work with a ragdoll breeder at my old job-her cats go round the world, they are just as beautiful as yours!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
button611 said:
They are beautiful-I used to work with a ragdoll breeder at my old job-her cats go round the world, they are just as beautiful as yours!
Thanks. :) I can't say enough good things about Ragdolls.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
We currently have:

Keelta, a Shetland Sheepdog (one of those mini lassie dogs). We got her around when Emma was born for Morgan, but she ended up bonding more with Emma, so we usually refer to Keelta as Emma's dog.

Shaman, another Shetland Sheepdog. Morgan got him again as a gift a couple years ago, and they are absolutely inseparable. They have such similar personalities too! They're both so neurotic. Shaman has certain things (ringing telephones, putting away cutlery, sneezing, vacuums, running microwaves...) that send him into these fits of anxiety where he paces and barks and scratches the floor or himself until whatever it is has definitely stopped. He does other things too, and it's so funny to watch.

We used to have: a hamster named Scruffbucket, a cockatiel named Baby, various fish, a cat named Beauty and another one named Thor, and our most recent loss was Morgan's long-haired chihuahua Bennet. The dog wasn't legally his, and he had to give it up to the owner last year.

I'm actually more of a cat person than a dog person, but my husband is allergic and Morgan is a very big dog-lover, so we have dogs.

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
We have 3 dogs, a boxer named Harry, a Dachshund named Booty and a Yorkshire Terrier named Tex. They are all boys. We've had Harry for about 5 years and Tex for about 4. Booty is only 5 months old and we've had him for 3 months. Before them we had a Golden Retriever named Bimbo who we had for about 12 years.

Harry loves Ryan and we pretty much say that Harry is Ryan's. Harry loves to go in the car and Ryan takes him everywhere.

Tex is my favorite, he sits on the stool in the kitchen and watches me cook and he lies on my feet when I'm sitting down. He sleeps on my nightstand, it's so cute.

Booty seems to be attached to the three younger kids. They play with him all the time.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Trina your first cat looks similar to our second cat. He started living on our patio a few years ago and decided he liked us enough to move in permanently. :)