Please help!!...

eve500

Jul 15, 2016
<r>Hello all, <br/>
Well we are planning to shift our kid’s schools for a better education. But the new school is very far away from our present home. So we are planning to shift to a new condo near the new school. But the problem is that my husband is having a low credit score because of which we are not able to get a mortgage and without that nothing will happen. I’m really worried about this. As a mother of 2, I want the best for my kids. Can anyone suggest any ways to improve the credit score. I found a blog online ( <URL url="http://www.nbmortgageteam.com/six-ways-to-boost-your-credit-score/</LINK_TEXT><e>[/url]</e></URL>) where they are saying about some ways, but still wanted to know any other ideas or any other suggestions?? It would be of great help. Thanks in advance !!</r>

Vdad

PF Enthusiast
May 28, 2016
Eve, the best way to raise a low credit score is to first find out why it's low in the first place. Credit score is based on timeliness of payment and debt. You want to improve the former and decrease the latter.

You are entitled to a free credit score report once a year thru the major credit score bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion), and there are "Credit counselors" available to help improve your score. But it takes time, so you might need to put off your home buying decisions if you cannot put more cash down on the condo until the improvements you make affect your score.