PM Spammers...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
What's up with the PM spammers. I've gotten a few spam PMs from users who sign up and post nothing. I presume they are pming others.

I banned one today...what a pain, since they don't post you can't ban through the thread tools you have to go to the mod site.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I get a PM from a user, with 0 post count, and it's always blatant spam, very un-hidden advertising language and with a link, so I presume they are sending to others, maybe even have some kind of bot to use our user list, I'm not really sure.

But the curious thing, is that I would think they'd try to avoid mods, but I've gotten at least two so far and promptly banned them. I thought it was odd that I got one 3 days ago, and just logged in today, so i figured someone else would have banned them in that amount of time...so maybe I'm the only mod getting them and I wonder why me?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I have gotten a couple of those in the past. They are annoying. :/ I never did anything about them though lol. I don't know if somebody else banned them or they just went away but they never did anything else after that.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I also had gotten them in the past. I simply asked them to redirect all PM's to IADad. seemed to work.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Oh I get what you are talking about and I have only ever had one...I wasn't a Mod then so it didn't matter to me.

They just like you IADad